Thread: The language of solitude

Real Name
    Sara Biljana

The language of solitude

Anonimous faces

pic-2.jpg

pic-9.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 9th November 2011 at 08:57 PM.

Real Name
    Mark

Re: The language of solitude

Hi Sara, welcome, can you tell us a little about what you think of your images and what youd like to know from us?

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Sara,

Welcome to the CiC forums from me, great to have you join us.

You will find a better response if you post the images inline (as I have done for you above) and say a few words about them. As Mark asks

Here's a couple of threads that should help;
    HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?
    HELP THREAD: Guide to posting images for comment

Turning to your pictures now;
    In the first;
    I don't think it helps that the image isn't vertical, arguably it doesn't matter either!
    The green paint is a distraction from the face, but arguably addds context
    The bracket for the washing lines distracts and could be cloned out (just let the lines exit the image camera left)

On the second;
    You have good DoF control, but there are still some unfortunately positioned items in the background which might have been easily avoided at the time of shooting by a slightly different angle.

I hope that was helpful,

Real Name
    Sara Biljana

Quote Originally Posted by Mark von Kanel View Post
    Hi Sara, welcome, can you tell us a little about what you think of your images and what youd like to know from us?
    Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for welcoming me to the forum. To be honest, I am still going over the site figuring out how it works and which possibilities it offers. Everything seems to be properly explained yet I am not always patient enough to go into all explanations. Back to the images I uploaded yesterday, well... those are some of my first ones that I made like three years ago when my more intensive interest for photography started. People's faces and expressions have always intrigued me, especially those that convey pain, fatigue, loneliness, grief, alienation... The images of the two faces I uploaded seemed to meet my interest of the sort and frankly, the technical/professional aspects the photos taken were less important to me at the time. Generally, when speaking about portraits I am definitely into the candid images of anonimous, simple people.

As to your second question, I would be happy to get to know what are the points of interests of other members who share my love for photography, how and when they take their pictures, or do maybe pictures take them! And of course, I would like to keep learning about various methods and techniques of shooting and equally to reveal other's and my mistakes and misconcepts. So once again, thank you for having me aboard and I am looking forward to having more chats.