Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Glide Path

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

The Glide Path

Something different (for me) from my recent week away in the south west of Scotland. These are 4 of the 5000 or so, referred to here.

The Glide Path
    40D, Sigma 120-400 F4.5-5.6 APO DG OS @ 400mm. ISO 800. 1/1500@f5.6.

Real Name
    Darlene

Re: The Glide Path

Donald,

There is not much I don't like that you post! That said, I really like this one as well.

A departure for you as it's not square but very nice just the same. I really like the soft middle ground and the soft sky that highlight the geese.

I need to study the monochrome tutorials more and see if I can develop an eye even half as good as your.

Thanks for the lovely photos!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: The Glide Path

Darlene

Thank you for your comment.

I do strongly believe that good B & W is about 'seeing' the B & W picture even before you press the shutter. I accept that some people strike it lucky and can find that once they load a file, that wasn't meant to be a B & W image, onto their computer they find that there might be B & W possibilities in it. And do end up making very good B & Ws.

However, for me, part of the joy and challenge (and being challenged is a joy, too) of photography is trying to learn to 'see' the final image before I ever press the shutter.