Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Batteries for Nikon D90

Real Name
    Jim

Batteries for Nikon D90

Help please. Nikon are very specific about the battery for the D90... EN-EL3e ... but how do I find a genuine Nikon battery?
    I have looked at many sites without any success. The feedback on Amazon, where their product is described as being a genuine Nikon battery, indicates that this isn't the case.

How do I avoid being ripped off? Are there any real bargains out there? Do Nikon actually make a replacement battery?

Real Name
    Joe

Re: Batteries for Nikon D90

Hi Jim,

I have the Nikon D90. I purchased my spare battery from amazon.com. It was listed as a genuine Nikon battery. It is exactly like the one that came with the camera and works fine. I hope this helps.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Jim,

I bought my D5000 spare (EL-N9a) battery from Amazon UK, it has since been checked against Nikon's site and is genuine.

Folks round here usually recommend SterlingTek, do they do one for it?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by bebles View Post
    Help please. Nikon are very specific about the battery for the D90.
    If it's the same as the message I got for my Canon (and I suspect it is) then indeed Nikon are telling you that their, AND ONLY THEIR, battery must be used and if you do anything else the camera will blow up and hell and damnation shall be visited upon the earth.

Yeh, right!

I got my spare batteries from SterlingTek. Shipped directly from the USA. And they've been wonderful. Every bit as good as the 'genuine' Canon battery. At a fraction of the price.

Real Name
    Jim

Many thanks one and all. I will try Sterling Trek and see how I get on.
    Kind regards
    Jim

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    If it's the same as the message I got for my Canon (and I suspect it is) then indeed Nikon are telling you that their, AND ONLY THEIR, battery must be used and if you do anything else the camera will blow up and hell and damnation shall be visited upon the earth.

Yeh, right!

I got my spare batteries from SterlingTek. Shipped directly from the USA. And they've been wonderful. Every bit as good as the 'genuine' Canon battery. At a fraction of the price.
    Quite so. I bought a spare EN-EL3e with the camera, but have subsequently bought a couple of SterlingTek's and the sky has not fallen on my head. My camera has not exploded in my face and they seem to hold the same sort of charge and give me the same output as the 'genuine' article. Strange that!

Real Name
    Jim

Thanks and I did note that it is SterlingTek. I have looked at the site and the price is right. Dollar cheque on its way.Thanks.
    Jim

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Thanks and I did note that it is SterlingTek. I have looked at the site and the price is right. Dollar cheque on its way.Thanks.
    Jim
    Well done Jim, I too have used them in the past and actually found them to be BETTER than manufacturers originals.

Just wish I could get a good replacement batter for my iPhone ... I got a cheap clone from our national auction website, but the phone kept on rebooting -- so I got a "genuine" battery from our national auction website, but it won't charge above 72% ... sigh

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Just wish I could get a good replacement batter for my iPhone ... I got a cheap clone from our national auction website, but the phone kept on rebooting -- so I got a "genuine" battery from our national auction website, but it won't charge above 72% ... sigh
    I have a phone that makes and takes calls .... and that's about it. Don't have a moment's trouble with it.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by krispix View Post
    I have a phone that makes and takes calls .... and that's about it. Don't have a moment's trouble with it.
    I have one that makes and takes calls (including being able to do conference calls) - send/receive text message (with photos) - send/receive eMail - browse the web - has clock - stopwatch (with infinite split times) - timer - and infinite alarms - a calender - flashlight - camera (stills and HD video) - programmable calculator - notepad - Kindle reader - music player - pedometer - photo album - time & billing - Google maps - GPS - and a whole lot more. And I don't have a moments trouble with it either

Real Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    I have one that makes and takes calls (including being able to do conference calls) - send/receive text message (with photos) - send/receive eMail - browse the web - has clock - stopwatch (with infinite split times) - timer - and infinite alarms - a calender - flashlight - camera (stills and HD video) - programmable calculator - notepad - Kindle reader - music player - pedometer - photo album - time & billing - Google maps - GPS - and a whole lot more. And I don't have a moments trouble with it either
    You are very lucky Colin...I haven't even got a mobile but then again I can remain undisturbed and peaceful when the kids (or anyone else for that matter) want me.. There is something to be said for bucking trends

Real Name
    Paul

I no longer have a mobile either. 15 or so years ago when I first had one it used to raise eyebrows as they weren't that common, now when I tell folk I have no mobile they look at me like I'm crazy. When they come up with something that "has clock - stopwatch (with infinite split times) - timer - and infinite alarms - a calender - flashlight - camera (stills and HD video) - programmable calculator - notepad - Kindle reader - music player - pedometer - photo album - time & billing - Google maps - GPS - and a whole lot more." but doesn't receive incoming calls I might be first in the queue to buy one

Real Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by krispix View Post
    I think that we had better change the title of the thread!

Real Name

You are very lucky Colin...I haven't even got a mobile but then again I can remain undisturbed and peaceful
    I disagree ... I think YOU'RE the lucky one!

In all honesty, it's a love/hate relationship ... being able to answer eMails whilst waiting on other things during my day means I can get more done sooner, plus, I t means I don't need to do it at the end of the day ... being able to find any address with ease is a god-send ... but the flip side is calls that wake me from a deep slumber at some ungodly hour of the morning (practically guaranteed to be after I've got to bed late!).

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by bambleweeney View Post
    I no longer have a mobile either. 15 or so years ago when I first had one it used to raise eyebrows as they weren't that common, now when I tell folk I have no mobile they look at me like I'm crazy. When they come up with something that "has clock - stopwatch (with infinite split times) - timer - and infinite alarms - a calender - flashlight - camera (stills and HD video) - programmable calculator - notepad - Kindle reader - music player - pedometer - photo album - time & billing - Google maps - GPS - and a whole lot more." but doesn't receive incoming calls I might be first in the queue to buy one
    That's an easy one Paul -- just leave it permanantly on call forwarding

Actually, that reminds me of some signs of my mis-spent youth ... Many years ago when I worked for another company, I went away on holiday for a few days. I told all my customers, and diverted my phone to dial-a-prayer. As luck would have it, the one customer I forgot to tell was the one customer who tried to call ... and since they couldn't get me, they rang head-office ... and somehow it got to the general manager. When I got back I got a message from my manager saying that the general manager didn't appreciate the inference that customers needed "help from the almightly" to get service and assistance out of his company!

Oops!

Real Name
    Jim

Dear all
    Just back from holiday and trawling through emails I came across the latest message from Sterling Tek ... I will now have to look elsewhere for the batteries... and I thought that the search was over...

"I'm sorry but at this time we are only shipping to US and Canada.
    If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
    Thank You,
    Courteney
    SterlingTek
    1090 Medpark Drive
    Las Cruces, NM 88005"

Real Name
    Mark

well Jim guess thats me stuffed too was going to get a couple for my d7k from them!

ive got a mobile phone, i only use it as an alarm clock tho...