Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: protecting an image from being edited

  1. #1

    protecting an image from being edited

    I want to be able to protect a copyright photo from being edited on a local auction site which adds its own pathetic moto to images.Is the Read Only in windows enough or do i have to do something else to protect my image?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: protecting an image from being edited

    Quote Originally Posted by huskyfur View Post
    I want to be able to protect a copyright photo from being edited on a local auction site which adds its own pathetic moto to images.Is the Read Only in windows enough or do i have to do something else to protect my image?
    The short answer is ... "you can't". There are various ways to stop it being copied directly (none of which the auction site is likely to support), but at the end of the day, once the file is uploaded to their site, it's totally under their control.

  3. #3

    Re: protecting an image from being edited

    ok,next question......
    Am i able to insert a clicbale url into an image?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: protecting an image from being edited

    Quote Originally Posted by huskyfur View Post
    ok,next question......
    Am i able to insert a clicbale url into an image?
    Hi again,

    Yes and no - yes, it's certainly possible to have a clickable image, but no, I don't think it's possible to "insert" a URL in the context of an auction site.

  5. #5

    Re: protecting an image from being edited

    it was for that tardme site.I HATE seeing their idiot moto on peoples images

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: protecting an image from being edited

    Quote Originally Posted by huskyfur View Post
    it was for that tardme site.I HATE seeing their idiot moto on peoples images
    Ah - you're a Kiwi

    I'll make them change it for you -- check back with them in about an hour

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5

    Re: protecting an image from being edited

    Quote Originally Posted by huskyfur View Post
    it was for that tardme site.I HATE seeing their idiot moto on peoples images
    What prevents you to forbid it? If they infringe your copyright, you can send them to jail directly. Whats the problem?

    F>

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: protecting an image from being edited

    Quote Originally Posted by krooly View Post
    What prevents you to forbid it? If they infringe your copyright, you can send them to jail directly. Whats the problem?
    The "problem" is, that one chooses to use an online auction site like TradeMe, one has to accept their terms and conditions for doing so. They added the seller name and feedback rating to images to stop OTHER sellers from using the images without authorisation, but it's a moot point because I think they're turned this feature off now anyway.

  9. #9
    Moderator Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glenfarg, Scotland
    Posts
    19,916
    Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

    Re: protecting an image from being edited

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Ah - you're a Kiwi

    I'll make them change it for you -- check back with them in about an hour
    What secret powers has this man got?

  10. #10
    krispix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    268
    Real Name
    Chris

    Re: protecting an image from being edited

    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    What secret powers has this man got?
    Probably wears his underpants on the outside!

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: protecting an image from being edited

    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    What secret powers has this man got?
    The power of "hind sight" ...

    ... I think they'd already stopped doing it a while ago!

    Edit: Wrong ... I see they're still doing it ... but only on the larger views

    Drat - wrong again - 499th time this week!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •