Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: All Saints Church from the Compleat Angler

Real Name
    Christopher Hotton

All Saints Church from the Compleat Angler

Yes - Compleat is spelt properly. This image was taken this morning in harsh grey light, therefore it needed a bit of editing to brighten up. Have I gone too far? Your views will be gratefully received.

The Compleat Angler is a world famous hotel sitting just below Marlow Bridge

Aperture: f/22 Exposure: 1/15 ISO: 100
    Last edited by ChrisH; 18th September 2011 at 01:22 PM.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: All Saints Church from the Compleat Angler

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Yes - Compleat is spelt properly. This image was taken this morning in harsh grey light, therefore it needed a bit of editing to brighten up. Have I gone too far? Your views will be gratefully received.
    Hi Chris,

No, I don't think so, but it does look a little too cool/blue, not much, just a bit.

Was it shot through a window?
    I ask because there are a couple of blurry 'hair' like things in the lower right corner that are too focused to be on the lens, I think (although it was f/22) and they are't floating on the river. Actually, now I look there are more, in the sky, perhaps (sensor) dust bunnies?

Nice composition, well done,

Real Name
    Christopher Hotton

Re: All Saints Church from the Compleat Angler

Dave - Thanks for your comments. During my recent trip to Devon my camera got very dirty and I have had problems getting it clean. I need to clean clean the sensor, which I am always nervous about doing. Consequently the sky particularly suffered from dust bunnies.

The blue was as a result of adding a blue filter to try and get some life into the sky and get rid of the flat grey. I think I overdid it and have reduced it.

This edit was done on my laptop and id by no means perfect and will be replace tomorrow when I get back to my PC.