Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Wow How long is this bass?

Real Name
    james

Wow How long is this bass?

Ok I just had to do this.Wow How long is this bass?

Real Name
    Tommy

Re: Wow How long is this bass?

That is a monster! Well captured, excuse the pun!

Real Name
    Mike

A Striper eating a Smallmouth...go figure..

Decent fish, and interesting shot. The Striper looks like a nice fish, but doesn't
    look to be anything spectacular in size, TBH. He's got it out there at that "enhanced
    size" distance from his body.

Mike

Real Name
    james

It was the only bass pic i had the striper is average for around here ,I think he was 41 inches. We catch the stripes up to 50 lbs but mostly in the 15 to 30 lb range. As far as enhancing size, that is a normal way to hold the fish (you really dont want to hug these guys) Also fish eat fish period. I caught my largest trout on a plug (Rapala) that mimicked a baby trout so, go figure! I dont mean to sound sarcastic but I fish for stripes bass wallye muskie trout catfish and I believe any of them fish will eat any other under right conditions.We have a lot of bass (fishermen) here that blame declining nubers of bass on stripe. These people will catch stripers just to kill them.That disgusts me, sorry I got alittle sidetracked. thanks for viewing .that picture was not taken to suggest astripe eating a bass. It was to show my brother and his best friend,And their respective catches for the day.

Real Name
    Tommy

Yeah, I thought Mike was being a bit harsh too

Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by jamn4ex View Post
    It was the only bass pic i had the striper is average for around here ,I think he was 41 inches. We catch the stripes up to 50 lbs but mostly in the 15 to 30 lb range. As far as enhancing size, that is a normal way to hold the fish (you really dont want to hug these guys) Also fish eat fish period. I caught my largest trout on a plug (Rapala) that mimicked a baby trout so, go figure! I dont mean to sound sarcastic but I fish for stripes bass wallye muskie trout catfish and I believe any of them fish will eat any other under right conditions.We have a lot of bass (fishermen) here that blame declining nubers of bass on stripe. These people will catch stripers just to kill them.That disgusts me, sorry I got alittle sidetracked. thanks for viewing .that picture was not taken to suggest astripe eating a bass. It was to show my brother and his best friend,And their respective catches for the day.
    James,

My sincere apologies for coming off sounding harsh..I never intended my post to sound
    that way! (one reason I use so many smiley's..failed on that one).

No excuses, but it was nearly 1am when I posted that. The "A Striper eating a
    Smallmouth...go figure.." comment came out wrong, and I should have left
    out the "go figure". That was a cool part of the pic.

It's a damn fine fish, but the title of the thread was "Wow How long is this bass", and that
    was what I based my comment on. If you had titled it as "My brother and his fish', I would
    have looked at it entirely different.

Intended or not, I also thought it was cool seeing the smaller bass pulled out of the bigger one.

As for the shot angle, you gave -0- description or direction when you posted the pic, and I
    simply *presumed* that the angle was used to enhance the fishes appearance. Taken a
    few hundred shots like just it myself for clients and their Salmon or Steelhead.

Certainly wasn't mean to offend, and again, my apologies.

It was to show my brother and his best friend,And their respective catches for
    the day.
    And it did that very well...looks like they had a great day..Wow How long is this bass?

Mike

p.s. Like you, I never allowed one of my friends or clients in my boat to kill a wild fish, ever.
    Here's one of mine from past years..it was released, of course.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dizzy; 17th September 2011 at 07:43 PM.

Real Name
    james

Mike my apologies to you thought about this thread all day, And I probably read into your post things that were not implied by you . My wife says I m mad at the world right now ,and misplacing anger so please accept my apology . thank you . Ps good fishing