Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Close,Closer,Closest!

Real Name
    Ron

Close,Closer,Closest!

A few photo's of the big cross in St Augustine.I have read and heard is to take photo's of your subject at various distances so this is an attempt to this with the cross.It was erected in the mid to late 60's.Not sure of the heigth though.C&C are very welcome.Thanks...Ron.

Close,Closer,Closest!

Close,Closer,Closest!

Close,Closer,Closest!

Real Name
    Andrew-Bede

Re: Close,Closer,Closest!

Nice. Number three is the best for me as it has great texture and the unusual angle makes it stand out from the crowd. Number 2 just doesn't work for me and number one is okay but nothing out of the ordinary. I keep going back to the third and see more detail every time. Wonder if it could be straightened a little?

Andrew-Bede

Real Name
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictine View Post
    Nice. Number three is the best for me as it has great texture and the unusual angle makes it stand out from the crowd. Number 2 just doesn't work for me and number one is okay but nothing out of the ordinary. I keep going back to the third and see more detail every time. Wonder if it could be straightened a little?

Andrew-Bede
    Thanks Andrew.Had to be a little quick on the shoot as i had an approaching storm to my back.This is another subject that i will revisit often.

Real Name
    Ken

208 feet according to Google

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I'd agree that #3 is the best image. #1 is, with respect, the sort of 'visitor snap' of which there are probably thousands, but #3 shows creativity and imagination.

One suggestion if you were to shoot it again - I'd maybe try and get it absolutely symmetrical and have the horizontal arm of the cross parralel with teh top of the frame.

Real Name
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I'd agree that #3 is the best image. #1 is, with respect, the sort of 'visitor snap' of which there are probably thousands, but #3 shows creativity and imagination.

One suggestion if you were to shoot it again - I'd maybe try and get it absolutely symmetrical and have the horizontal arm of the cross parralel with teh top of the frame.
    Thank Donald.Will go back when there is less threat of rain so i can take my time lining up the shot with a tripod.looking straight up hand held through the camera,is not to easy for me not to sway back and forth.

Real Name
    Ken

Do you mean like this Donald, within the constraints of the origional image.
    Close,Closer,Closest!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Yep, that's it.