Izzy helping me with the new camera

6 by oldgeezerdigital.com, on Flickr

5 by oldgeezerdigital.com, on Flickr

2 by oldgeezerdigital.com, on Flickr

Re: Izzy helping me with the new camera

Oh, she is so cute! You're in love, Grandpa, aren't you?! (and, for good reason.) ahem. Anyway, I don't have much time to focus - I was just on my way to get going with my day and thought that I'd pop in and have a look. They seem a little dark or dull. Maybe, push your slider of choice to brighten things up a bit?

I love the movement and look of concentration in the first and I love the chocolate milk around her mouth in the last! But, my favorite is #2 - it's so childlike and whimsical and simple - her hair, the position of her hands and the way she's using her fingers and her CUTE little striped shoes - awwwww!

Real Name
    Pete Bird

Thank you Katy.
    I did actually edit for this effect. I quite like the 'dull' unsaturated look for these.

The way they are composed makes them look a little 'P & S' when brightened up IMHO. Anyway, yes I am in love, she breaks my heart, they both do.

Real Name
    Steve

#2 is soo good. Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Thank you Katy.
    I did actually edit for this effect. I quite like the 'dull' unsaturated look for these.

The way they are composed makes them look a little 'P & S' when brightened up IMHO. Anyway, yes I am in love, she breaks my heart, they both do.
    Oh, my..... "haste makes waste"... I could/can tell that you have a broader sense of what PS can do than I do (she said veeeery drily ) and, reading it again, I think that my "slider of choice" gest was far too subtle, also - it looks very flat, now. Heigh ho! I like hearing your insight!

When you say, "they both do," are you referring to the sweetie in the welcome thread? Are they sisters or am I missing something and they're the same girl? Enquiring minds want to know...

Real Name
    Pete Bird

Katy, it is personal taste with anything in Photography and I respect any comment that is not derogatory, If we were all stuck in one frame of mind we wouldn't need forums like this.

Yes they are sisters, chalk & cheese as they say. Love them both but getting too old to last long with them.
    6 & 2 going on 16 if you know what I mean.
    All the photos I put on forums are just my personal snapshots and charity stuff for people to download. The paying stuff is for the clients but to be honest these mean more to me and I just want to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Katy, it is personal taste with anything in Photography and I respect any comment that is not derogatory, If we were all stuck in one frame of mind we wouldn't need forums like this.

Yes they are sisters, chalk & cheese as they say. Love them both but getting too old to last long with them.
    6 & 2 going on 16 if you know what I mean.
    Oh, my word! For two seconds, there, I thought that you were giving us insight into your avatar possibly being a self portrait! ....but, I do totally know what you mean.

All the photos I put on forums are just my personal snapshots and charity stuff for people to download. The paying stuff is for the clients but to be honest these mean more to me and I just want to share them.
    Please, share away....

Real Name
    Peter

Pete,

I was intrigued by your shots. I had a go at a slightly different look on one of them. Just thought she needed a bit more attitude!!

If you don't like it I will delete - just let me know.

Real Name
    Pete Bird

Ricco, you do whatever you want, these are my own personal 'snaps' and you have my permission to play with them how you feel.

One thing I might just say though, she needs no help in the Attitude stakes mate....................