Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: BW or Colour

BW or Colour

I could not make my mind up which of these images I find the most eye catching. I am swaying toward the monochrome version. Comments welcome. Also for the BW am I getting my greys and contrast right.

BW or Colour

BW or Colour

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: BW or Colour

Hi Steve,

I prefer the monochrome one (which looks fine to me contrast wise), I find the deep colour of the wardrobe door overpowering in the colour version.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Chris

entirely with Dave, tho might try upping the dark end a touch more...especially the shadow on the left to bring out the depth

I agree with Dave H that the back ground is a little overpowering and the knot of wood near the two tone blue/black stripped Tie a distraction in the colour image but I prefer it over the black and white image.Wally

Not one to break a trend I'd back the monochrome one too. This is prob more to do with my backlight than your image but on my screen a very minor contrast tweak to make the blacks look slightly darker as it looks very very dark grey on my screen. Before you rush to change it I like black to be lamp black but it's a matter of taste and screen issues so might not be an advisable tweak, just my taste from this end.

Davey, I see what you mean about the blacks. Thanks for the feedback everyone I will have a tinker.