Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: No, lads. Wait!. I think he has a Panasonic G1!

rob marshall

No, lads. Wait!. I think he has a Panasonic G1!

More animal madness from your very own Dr Doolittle...

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: No, lads. Wait!. I think he has a Panasonic G1!

A bevvy of beauties!

That G1 is certainly doing the job. The detail on the fleeces is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    More animal madness from your very own Dr Doolittle...

Well, he must be alright, then! I guess a cold shoulder is safer than a roast shoulder (of lamb, that is), though.

Fun!

Real Name
    Steve

Very nice rob. Lots of detail and the angle and conversion are excellent. Multiple animals ,make for a tough subject.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    A bevvy of beauties!

That G1 is certainly doing the job. The detail on the fleeces is excellent.
    There's a very slight blur on the image, which had a very funny cause. The sheep were being herded by four burly (Judy was watching them) sheep-farm hands into a shearing shed, aided by two sleek looking Welsh sheep dogs. An old farmer (about 90!) was asleep in the car you can just see on the left in the shot below. Suddenly, one of the sheep broke free, and ran to the right. The dog on the right was straight on the case and chased him back close to where I was standing. Judy said that the dog went through my straddled legs at 'about 100mph' ) - all I felt was something warm and wet between my legs (you take what you can get when you get to my age) The dog, then ran across the car bonnet and pounced on the sheep, nipping it's ankles for good measure. They man in tha car was still asleep. Judy said he was dead. Your photographer stayed at his post though!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    Your photographer stayed at his post though!
    Which is as it should be.

For those who may harbour any doubts about that wonderfully descriptive text, I can see exactly that picture from my own experiences of being involved in an uncle's farm as a young person, at sheep gathering and clipping time. Wonderful memories.

Real Name
    Kay

Oh memory lane
    Now hmm which fond memory of 'life with sheep' can I share.....
    How about the shearing shed, the fat sheep getting stuck in the Shute that took them from the shearer back out to the yard... The wee skinny lassy (I did say memory lane ) was the only one who could fit down the chute to push the blasted animal out this of course was with a slippery just shorn sheep so no woolly bits to grab onto.... Unlike Rob's sweet dears above

This is of course 1 of the reasons I cannot cook, my sister was the 1 inside the house warm and clean cooking away, whilst I was the resident James Herriot sidekick.... Always amongst the animals and more often than not, not very clean
    So thank you rob we will go to work with a smile as we picture this scene of you and the woolly friend scampering underneath your nether regions

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by wilgk View Post
    How about the shearing shed, the fat sheep getting stuck in the Shute that took them from the shearer back out to the yard... The wee skinny lassy (I did say memory lane ) was the only one who could fit down the chute to push the blasted animal out
    Wow, you had a really cool job!

I was the one inside the 9ft high woolsack suspended up on the rafters of the shed, into which the cut fleeces were tossed and I had to trample them down so that as many as possible could be got into the sack. You only got to see daylight once the sack was getting full and you could see over the edge of it.

But you got to taste the shearers' beer at the end of the day. Brilliant and carefree times.
    Last edited by Donald; 20th July 2011 at 09:37 PM.