Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Flowers from our garden..pbabp

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Flowers from our garden..pbabp

Just some flowers from our garden. As for the anagram which reads either way front to back and vice versa, which such formation has a particular name which I just can't recall? pbabp = probably boring as bat poo!
    To those taking the time to view my humble post, thank you very much. I really do appreciate it.
    FYI #1 and #2 are cabbage leaf hakias
    #3 are red hot pokers
    #4 is some sort of daisey thingo, starts off sounding something like gerber.. Okay, so I am no gardener and the person in charge of these things here at home happens to be away at the moment!
    ucci

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Flowers from our garden..pbabp

Among the 4 images the most promising for me would be #4, Ken. The color harmony works nicely here. The main subject is brighter than the surrounding and the lighting provides enough drama to the subject. The focus is a bit off but I'm pretty sure that you can go back and reshoot this one for better sharpness. If you have a macro lens, it would be nice to go closer and highlight the patterns, colors, and detail on #1, 2, and 3. Good work, Sir.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Among the 4 images the most promising for me would be #4, Ken. The color harmony works nicely here. The main subject is brighter than the surrounding and the lighting provides enough drama to the subject. The focus is a bit off but I'm pretty sure that you can go back and reshoot this one for better sharpness. If you have a macro lens, it would be nice to go closer and highlight the patterns, colors, and detail on #1, 2, and 3. Good work, Sir.
    Thanks for feedback Willie. Much appreciated. Number 4 is the one which had the most PP and my favourite from what is really a pretty mundane lot.There was a bit of a breeze at the time and there was a bit more movement in the undergrowth than I would have liked. At this time of the year here at our place winds are always with us. And it is getting very cold here and so we won't have flowers in the garden for much longer. Not until next summer, which is about 3 to 4 months away.
    Cheers
    K

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by ucci View Post
    #4 is some sort of daisey thingo, starts off sounding something like gerber.. Okay, so I am no gardener and the person in charge of these things here at home happens to be away at the moment!
    ucci
    I think it's a Gerbera Ken.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Quote Originally Posted by dje View Post
    I think it's a Gerbera Ken.
    Thanks for viewing Dave and for your comment. I think you are quite correct in its name. Sounds very much like that anyway.She who knows is off in Turkey at the moment and won't be back for a week. But by then Life will have moved on and it will no longer matter.
    Cheers
    Ken

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

It is Gerbera... I know this cuz it's one of my favorite flowers. I am partial to pink... but your orangey-yellow one is pretty.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelucydog View Post
    It is Gerbera... I know this cuz it's one of my favorite flowers. I am partial to pink... but your orangey-yellow one is pretty.
    Thank you for that Mary-L