Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: St. Andrew’s Clipstone, Nottinghamshire

Real Name
    Andrew-Bede

St. Andrew’s Clipstone, Nottinghamshire

This is a lovely church in an ex-coalmining village and the church was built for the miners. There is a huge lump of coal inside the church and many other items of reference to the mining industry. As usual C&C welcome.

Andrew-Bede

St. Andrew’s Clipstone, Nottinghamshire

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: St. Andrew’s Clipstone, Nottinghamshire

Clever and imaginative use of edge of the grass and the pathway to mirror the angles. I like it.

However, there seems to an an awful lot of noise on it. Was that what you intended? Whilst it is not a problem on the land or the building, I'm not sure that it helps the sky.

Real Name
    Andrew-Bede

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Clever and imaginative use of edge of the grass and the pathway to mirror the angles. I like it.

However, there seems to an an awful lot of noise on it. Was that what you intended? Whilst it is not a problem on the land or the building, I'm not sure that it helps the sky.
    Thanks for your comments Donald, I am pleased you like it. The old noise problem which is one of my abiding faults I don't know why but I just like a lot of noise but must get into the habit of controlling it more. I wonder if there is a PS expert out there who can advise me how to reduce the noise in the sky but not so much in the rest of the image?

Real Name
    Seri

I like it very much too. I also like the way that bit of 'Mackerel sky' balances the tree on the other side.

The only thing I noticed amiss was the way the tree on the right-hand side just touches the top of the building. I don't know what the technical term is for this, but I believe it can make the eye think that the two objects are on the same plane, which flattens the feeling of depth. I noticed it in the photos I took at the beach yesterday when I made the tip of some rocks in the foreground touch the base of a distant headland. It's a very easy thing to miss when looking down the lens.

Seri

Real Name
    Andrew-Bede

Thanks for this Seri. Not noticed the tree before, thanks for pointing it out. BTW I have just tried to send you a PM but don't know if it has gone okay, can you please PM me if you have not received it? Thanks