Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Say, Rob, will ya stop horsing around (and get rid of that Panasonic G1)

rob marshall

Say, Rob, will ya stop horsing around (and get rid of that Panasonic G1)

Had trouble shooting these. The sky was blown, so I metered for the sky (on my Panasonic G1). Then used fill-flash at about -1EV to illuminate the pony sufficiently. This gave a good exposure sky with nice exposure pony.

They are wild(ish) Pembrokeshire ponies that graze on the coast path. They are a bit skittish, so I had to wait a few minutes until they came up to me (an apple helped!) They wouldn't let me get close enough so I flipped out the tilt screen and shot them semi-blind hoping that the framing was right. they didn't seem to mine the flash, even though it was less than three feet from them.

Real Name
    Wendy

Re: Say, Rob, will ya stop horsing around (and get rid of that Panasonic G1)

I just love the last one. He looks like he wants to come home with you. I like the first 2 also, in fact I like them a lot, but I'm not sure if the feeling would last, the novelty might wear off, but the third is a classic.

Wendy

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Fun shots, Rob!

Real Name
    Steve

Great shots rob. The last one looks like it didn't like the flash any more. That little camera takes a good photo (I know , it's not the camera but the guy behind it, but you know what i mean.)

Real Name
    John Wright

Amazing ! It needs a haircut

Real Name
    james

Great work! like I have come to expect from ya Rob.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    That little camera takes a good photo (I know , it's not the camera but the guy behind it, but you know what i mean.)
    That's an interesting point, and one I was thinking about the other day. There are times when I wish I had my 5D with me for the (rare) occasions I get a really good shot, and might want to produce a larger print - say, for printing. But the G1, since I have had it, has proved a great learning tool. It's great for composition practice, and being so easy and flexible to use it does give you new ways of taking shots. It's the way I have learnt photography over the past 5 years - just trial and error. And something like the G1 would be a great, and cheap, way for anyone to get lots of practice under their belt. The new G3 looks good too.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Amazing ! It needs a haircut
    I haven't found the hair-trimming attachment on the G1... yet