Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Need some opinion and feedback.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Need some opinion and feedback.

I've been trying to develop a post-processing technique using only photoshop without any plugin that will produce some grungy or high contrast/detail look. This will suit only a certain type of images. I got the original image from this site: http://www.celebritywallpaperbase.com/ where I also learn about posing and lighting (by looking at the photographs). Kindly let me know if the processed image is acceptable or whatever is your opinion about it. Thank you very much.

Sample 1: Original

Processed look:

Sample 2: Original

Processed look:

Re: Need some opinion and feedback.

For me, the first image is a little too 'processed' in places. Maybe working on a layer and varying the effects slightly might be better.

The second image seems more acceptable; but that is possibly because there aren't any close facial characteristics.

Real Name

Thanks for the comment, Geoff. That's exactly the idea behind the process - to produce a really edgy style of shot. All are done using smart objects and filters so all can be adjusted in a fly. I can bring back the softness of the skin but considering that he is a man my idea was that it would compliment the subject well with a gritty texture effect. Anyway, it's still an experimental type of PP to me. Thanks!

I've found that adding a light gaussian blur over a high contrast/detail photo adds much more than you'd think!

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by desertphreak View Post
    I've found that adding a light gaussian blur over a high contrast/detail photo adds much more than you'd think!
    It would only work if you change the blending mode after you applied the gaussian blur to the layer. Actually, the surface blur has more leverage to the gaussian blur acting like a high pass dodge and burn effect. Thanks for the reminder.