Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local Bakery

Real Name
    Peter

Local Bakery

A customer of mine told me of a bakery in the city, which in a former life was a jewellers and her best friend had her wedding photos taken there. She asked me if I could take some photos of the staircase for her and her friend where her friend was photographed years before.

I am please she sent me along. C & C welcome.

Local Bakery

Local Bakery

Local Bakery

Real Name
    Ron

Re: Local Bakery

All are very good photo's Peter.I like #3 the most of all for the composition.Very beautiful!..Ron

Real Name
    Peter

I didn't know exactly what she was after. She chose #2 but I do like #3.

Real Name
    Abhi

Nice photos, Peter. I like #3 the most as well.

Real Name
    Peter

Thanks Abhi. I do find the outside detail of the back of buildings a little distracting in the other two.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

What a great bakery! I would love to sit and have coffee and a pastry there. I like 1 and 2 as they tell the whole story. Good photos.

Real Name
    Peter

G'day mate, how ya goin'.

The only problem Mary is the cakes are to die for and as a diabetic I probably would so I am restricted to coffee only but a great place. Next time you are down this way it's my shout.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Ryan View Post
    G'day mate, how ya goin'.

The only problem Mary is the cakes are to die for and as a diabetic I probably would so I am restricted to coffee only but a great place. Next time you are down this way it's my shout.
    I'm... goin'... if I had to choose between cake or coffee... I'm going for the coffee. It's what keeps me going.

What a super looking place! If we're a-going....I'm in!

Peter, I like #1 the best. The buildings through the window didn't distract me - there's so much that's lovely on the inside to look at that my eyes had a good explore. As I scrolled through to each consecutive photo, I was disappointed that there was less to see in each of them. With #1, I spent a good moment looking at it, then, as I scrolled down and read your comment, I was confused and had to go back up to look - I only remembered seeing beautiful windows with soft light coming through them. Of course, I've been a noodle brain all day....

Real Name
    Peter

Hi Katy,

I have your seat at the table ready and waiting. Thanks for commenting. #1 was the last shot I took. The brief was my cllient wanted shots of the stairs where her friend was photographed years ago. I do not know the set out of the old jewellery store so I didn't know how the original shot was taken. Just before I finished I thought I needed a shot to show the whole location and the people were well disbursed but not crowded and all involved in interesting activities. I am no good at posing people for shots, unlike our earstwhile mentor Colin, but I have a reasonable eye for seeing opportunities as they present themselves.

Real Name
    John Wright

Book me a seat too,Peter Lol,

Love these photos,just like the old Lyons coffee/tea houses,a gone-by era.You've really captured the 'mood' .You won't get this kind of ambience in today's coffee houses. I can't be sure which I like best. Good that you decided to take an all encompassing shot as you left because I think that's the one I like best for that reason. I also like the wall sculptures and the floor tiling too-it really goes without saying that the elegant staircase takes centre stage of course. Those middle-aged men look like the sort of people who would sit there and discuses the financial markets . I wouldn't be too concerned about what's through the window,you've managed to cut out most of that grey slab anyway in photo 2, it tells us it's in a city centre,so helps put it into context.

What's it called,Peter ? My nephew and his wife live in Melbourne and are over here right now and will be visiting us next week,I'll show them these photos and they can go there and have a coffee when they return.

Real Name
    Peter

Thanks for your kind comments John. It is Laurent Bakery in Little Collins St just up from Elizabeth St, heading towards Swanston St. The building outside belies what is in. The cakes are to die for.

Real Name
    John Wright

Thanks.Peter. My all time favourite cake is the New York Cheese cake, we do it here so I assume they do it there.

I see what you mean about cakes to die for lol.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/avlxyz/2076999482/

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelucydog View Post
    What a great bakery! I would love to sit and have coffee and a pastry there. I like 1 and 2 as they tell the whole story. Good photos.

You go and have a lovely pastry dear, I much prefer a brewery. It is lovely windows and I can just imagine Mary and Lucy in there. Amazing stairs.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    You go and have a lovely pastry dear, I much prefer a brewery. It is lovely windows and I can just imagine Mary and Lucy in there. Amazing stairs.
    Brewery? Hmmmm.... I don't care for beer, but most breweries have great burgers, fries and yummy things like that!

Real Name
    Steve

I didn't think you would like beer Mary; much too refined for that. You could have champagne though.

Real Name
    John Wright

Hey Steve, coming from Burton that comes as no surprise that you prefer a brewery. Lol.

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Hey Steve, coming from Burton that comes as no surprise that you prefer a brewery. Lol.
    I was locked in Marstons one night John; delivering a tanker then picking up a trailer for Carlsberg, on the way out I found security had locked up and gone home.

Millions of litres of beer and not a drop to drink.

Real Name
    Bobo

Wonderful shots of a beautiful place to have a coffee and relax.

Wish there were more places like this one. All we have around here are Tim Hortons, Second Cups and Starbucks - not even worth wasting time to photograph.

Real Name

I didn't think you would like beer Mary; much too refined for that. You could have champagne though.
    Nah... I'm not refined... just plain 'ol, simple Mary. I don't drink champagne either... or wine... I'm boring is what I am. Coffee... water with lemon, lemonade, diet soda, all while wearing blue jeans or capris, t-shirt or tank, a blouse if I'm really dressing up... white KEDS or flip flops... and Lucy. Without Lucy... I'd be six feet under. Refined... not in the least. So... burgers and beer it is!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast