Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Blown kiss

  1. #1
    abhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    408
    Real Name
    Abhi

    Blown kiss

    An exercise in white on white for me. I do need to get a better background (paper doesn't work ). How did I do otherwise? C&C please.

    Blown kiss
    55mm @ f/11 for 0.8s, ISO 100.

    I had some trouble with WB with this. In the colour version, the figurine has a slight greenish tinge. The shadows, and paper in the background on the other hand, have a magenta tinge. Both are noticeable only on paying close attention. What is a good way of addressing a situation like that?
    Last edited by abhi; 16th June 2011 at 07:53 PM.

  2. #2
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Blown kiss

    Shoot a gray card first under the same lighting then shoot the subject. That's how you control the WB issue. You did good here. My comment is that I think I am seeing some sort of writing right side of the figurine. Also, your aperture is too small. You could go as low as f/2.8 here if your lens can go that wide or f/3.5. Man, you are learning fast... and good!

  3. #3
    abhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    408
    Real Name
    Abhi

    Re: Blown kiss

    Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Shoot a gray card first under the same lighting then shoot the subject. That's how you control the WB issue.
    Thanks, Jiro. I should make a gray card like yours.

    Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    My comment is that I think I am seeing some sort of writing right side of the figurine.
    Hehe. That is because I used paper as background. Those are probably some homework solutions. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Also, your aperture is too small. You could go as low as f/2.8 here if your lens can go that wide or f/3.5
    I chose f/11 to be safe (lazy, in this case ). No need to focus and recompose, or manually focus.

    Man, you are learning fast... and good!
    Hehe. Thank you, sir.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •