Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Browns Landing

Real Name
    Ron

Browns Landing

Went out after work to Browns Landing to take some photo's.The first one i like better than the second but, i was just playing around with what i saw in the second photo.C&C are very welcome.Thanks for viewing...Ron.

Browns Landing
    ISO 800,f/9,1/50 sec,165mm,AF-C.PP in CS3.

Browns Landing

Real Name
    Peter

Re: Browns Landing

Hi Ron,

It is always good to get out and practice. It is also very important to review, review and review again the shots.

#2 is blown out in the centre and a bit messy. If you cropped off the top and the tree trunk on the right hand side it would simplify the composition but, for me, it is still not a strong image. But if we don't take them we don't learn.

As you said #1 is the best but the front leaf is a bit too light and lacking in detail. This could possibly be rectified in PS with some burning in of the leaf to better balance its tone with the one at the back.

Real Name
    Ron

I have to agree with you on #1 as my monitor at work is darker than the one at the house and it's showing more detail in the bottom leaf.When i get off work i'll go back in to the 16 bit tiff file that i saved in a psd file and tone down that leaf with the b&w adjustment layer i have set-up for it.Thanks for commentimg on my photo Peter.

Real Name
    Ron

Thanks for the info Peter.Here's the reworked photo of the elephant ears.I darkened the bottom leaf and changed the border.C&C are very welcome.Thanks...Ron.

Browns Landing