Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Arabic Saqr

Arabic Saqr

Kind of Pestrol or Falcon, we call it: Shaheen in Arabic.

Arabic Saqr

Arabic Saqr

Arabic Saqr

All those shots are HDR

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Arabic Saqr

Hi Tareq,

Very nice pictures, #3 is especially captivating.

I don't do HDR, but I was wondering, was there a reason for applying HDR to these shots?
    It's just that I wouldn't have thought the originals had enough dynamic range in them to make it worth the effort (e.g. there is no sky, sunlight or shadows).

Maybe it's the separation from the background you were seeking, which seems to be best in #2 and #3.

Hope you don't mind me asking,

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Tareq,

Very nice pictures, #3 is especially captivating.

I don't do HDR, but I was wondering, was there a reason for applying HDR to these shots?
    It's just that I wouldn't have thought the originals had enough dynamic range in them to make it worth the effort (e.g. there is no sky, sunlight or shadows).

Maybe it's the separation from the background you were seeking, which seems to be best in #2 and #3.

Hope you don't mind me asking,
    Thanks!

I just used HDR to bring details more, and to make it better exposure overall, i can correct exposure by photoshop with HDR, but that HDR did many things like as i said to bring the details more, the colors look more interested in the first, and it is always good to increase the DR of any photo, it isn't that we should hate what HDR doing or expecting fake looks, and at the end i just use HDR for fun, doesn't matter for me if i need it or not.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Tareq,

No criticism was intended as I am sure you know, I certainly agree with you about doing what works for you (and is fun) rather than what other's might think you should be doing. Other's might rightly offer their suggestions which it may work better, but what we do is our choice. I'd solve the problems you mention in different ways, which suits me.

'Each to his own' is an english phrase which covers this and fortunately it is a widely held belief here, and why we all get on so well.

And to prove your point, the only reason I don't "do" HDR is because (for now), I have enough fun doing things the way I do them. One day I may well give HDR a try and get the same enthusiasm for it you have.

I do like that #3 shot!

In fact, inspired by this, I think I'll make a visit to a place where we have such birds of prey sometime this year, I bet I don't get a shot half that good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Tareq,

No criticism was intended as I am sure you know, I certainly agree with you about doing what works for you (and is fun) rather than what other's might think you should be doing. Other's might rightly offer their suggestions which it may work better, but what we do is our choice. I'd solve the problems you mention in different ways, which suits me.

'Each to his own' is an english phrase which covers this and fortunately it is a widely held belief here, and why we all get on so well.

And to prove your point, the only reason I don't "do" HDR is because (for now), I have enough fun doing things the way I do them. One day I may well give HDR a try and get the same enthusiasm for it you have.

I do like that #3 shot!

In fact, inspired by this, I think I'll make a visit to a place where we have such birds of prey sometime this year, I bet I don't get a shot half that good though.
    I wish if i live where you are, here we have summer and very hot and humid weather for long time every year, so we don't have nature or landscapes which kills my opportunity to go out and shoot.