Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Border in Photoshop

Real Name
    Gurvinder

Border in Photoshop

Hi Friends!
    I would like to ask colleagues the following for making crisp borders in Photoshop CS5:
    1. How to apply borders so that actual size of photo does not change, since it would matter if the image is to be sent for print.
    2. How to have 'shadow' on one side (as is always there is Jiro's photos). I know this is a silly question; and asking here is a way to seek the short-cut. I have been trying to get that effect on PS CS5, but I have not been able to get it...
    I would look forward to replies...
    Thanks for your time....
    Yours,
    Gurvinder...

Re: Border in Photoshop

Gurvinder

I use GIMP but the principle is to increase the canvas size so that is larger than your original frame so creating a matte. Add new layer (usually white) and then set the layer order so that your image sits above the white layer. Position your image on the matte and then use the drop shadow command to create the shadow around your original image. There are many ways to do this and there are plenty of examples HERE

Good luck

Real Name
    Gurvinder

Re: Border in Photoshop

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Gurvinder There are many ways to do this and there are plenty of examples HERE

Good luck
    Dear Steve,
    Thanks a lot for your time and comment...
    I have seen the post you have referred to, and find Jiro's detailed explanation there.
    I have my questions answered...
    Thanks a lot...
    Gurvinder...