Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Photo editing?

Real Name
    Keith

Photo editing?

I want to get a good program that I don't need a degree to work. What would you recommend?

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Photo editing?

Clarify, Are you only into enhancing your images like WB correction, color, and contrast, or you also want to do some image manipulation?

For the former, I would recommend Adobe Lightroom. For the latter, I have no choice but to recommend Adobe Photoshop. Even the old version would be fine. I suggest you go not older than Photoshop CS2. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by jiro; 30th May 2011 at 07:03 PM.

Real Name
    Abhi

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    For the former, I would recommend Adobe Lightroom. For the latter, I have no choice but to recommend Adobe Photoshop. Even the old version would be fine. I suggest you go not older than Photoshop CS2. Hope this helps.
    I agree with Jiro. However, PS has does have a fairly steep learning curve associated with it. If you are looking for something that is easy to use, I will suggest checking out helicon filter. And it also has a free version.

Any cost restrictions, Keith.

Did you get any editing software with your camera?

A lot of people like the free Gimp but some say it isn't easy for a total beginner.

For many years, I used Serif Photo Plus which is relatively logical to use, particularly the slightly earlier versions like X2 or X3 which should be available at a good discount now.

If money is no option and you want the best, then Adobe CS 5 can't be beaten. It does have a lot of complicated options but you don't have to use them all. In it's basic state it is reasonably easy and there are a lot of helpful guide books. Although most of these aren't exactly freebies.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Another practical option would be Photoshop Elements 9.

if you give more details about what are you looking for i can recommend you a better option. more suitable to your needs and software management. it depends of what you need, if you edit a bunch of images or just a particular photo its different.

bye.
    Last edited by xalupa; 1st June 2011 at 02:47 AM.