Thread: Today's Harvest!

Today's Harvest!

Today's Harvest!

Today's Harvest!

A basin full of mangoes!

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Today's Harvest!

You're making me drool very early in the morning! Hahaha! I miss those crunchy mango variety that we have, specially with a pinch of salt to dip it with. Thanks for sharing, Al.

Real Name
    Bill S

Really? Salt on a mango? I don't think that would have ever occurred to me... or is that with a special kind of mango different from the kind we get here?

I miss all the cool fruits I got to try in Bali... we didn't put any salt on those!

Nice shot Al, I love the bright green mangos surrounded by the bright blue bucket. I'd love to see a nice close-up of one of the fruits cut in half (though I think that might make Willie's stomach growl loud enough for us all to hear!).

- Bill

Real Name

Bill, wait 'til Al show you what a "Carabao Mango" is! Hahaha! It's so big, juicy, crunchy, and so tasty that you'll just take your time devouring one 'til you're full. Heck, I can't even finish eating one when I was in Ilocos where it is widely grown! We have different varieties of mangoes in the Philippines. The sweet mango that you normally see is just one of them. For us Filipinos, we're a bit weird and yes, we do dip our mangoes in salt to have a mix of sweetness and saltiness to satisfy our taste buds. Got to go... my stomach is really growling now in hunger. Hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    You're making me drool very early in the morning! Hahaha! I miss those crunchy mango variety that we have, specially with a pinch of salt to dip it with. Thanks for sharing, Al.
    Jiro, don't tell me you're from the Philippines! "Kukurutin kita" hahaha I thought you're from Japan. Anyway, a pinch of salt+a pinch of sugar+a few of drops of lemon juice=perfect salad!

Quote Originally Posted by ktuli View Post
    Really? Salt on a mango? I don't think that would have ever occurred to me... or is that with a special kind of mango different from the kind we get here?

I miss all the cool fruits I got to try in Bali... we didn't put any salt on those!

Nice shot Al, I love the bright green mangos surrounded by the bright blue bucket. I'd love to see a nice close-up of one of the fruits cut in half (though I think that might make Willie's stomach growl loud enough for us all to hear!).

- Bill
    Bill, yes you read it right from Jiro, salt on mango but I prefer salt and sugar or sauteed shrimp paste(doesn't smell good but it taste really good!). This variety is called "Indian mango" I don't know how they got that name, it's smaller than the other variety, it's crunchy, sour sweet and I just love making salad out of it. Well, I will really show you how juicy they are in a while.

You're from Ilocos Jiro? Wow, I love Ilocos so much, my roots are from there and I've been there often and I always love going there. Yeah we're really weird in many ways. Have you tried dipping you're potato fries in vanilla sundaes? Hahaha.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by jupiterlush View Post
    Jiro, don't tell me you're from the Philippines! "Kukurutin kita" hahaha I thought you're from Japan. Anyway, a pinch of salt+a pinch of sugar+a few of drops of lemon juice=perfect salad!
    Yes, Mam. Born and raised in Manila. A mixture of Spanish and Chinese blood and a little of Japanese in between. We've had some new members joining us in from the Philippines, too and we welcome you all to the friendliest photography forum here at CiC.

Real Name

You're from Ilocos Jiro? Wow, I love Ilocos so much, my roots are from there and I've been there often and I always love going there. Yeah we're really weird in many ways. Have you tried dipping you're potato fries in vanilla sundaes? Hahaha.
    Not Really, Al. I'm from Central Manila. I love to travel (just like you) and was fortunate enough to visit some of the islands that we have as far as Tuguegarrao in the North and the Palawan islands down South. I have friends in Ilocos and it's really a nice place to go and appreciate the sunset. Glad to know a little bit about you. As for the potato fries, Yes. Try dipping sour cream chips on a vanilla sundae instead and you'll drool in delight. Hahaha! I'm weird.

Jiro, I come from Manila and loves to travel around the country. I like hiking because I got to see different things and learn from it, take pictures of them and keep it. The Batad hike is one of my most memorable adventure, if you're familiar with the place and I guess you've been there. It's nice to know that people in CiC are friendly, at first I was hesistant to post my pictures 'cos I see you all seem to be professional photographers, but now I feel more comfortable here. Thanks Willie!

Real Name
    Dante Apolinar

now where talking Filipino here, kumusta kabayan... Jiro i thought youre Japanese living in a cowboy land, is that your real face in your avatar?...nice mangoes but sarap..

Hi Dante, that's what I thought. And his avatar looks like he's holding a samurai

Real Name

Jiro, I come from Manila and loves to travel around the country. I like hiking because I got to see different things and learn from it, take pictures of them and keep it. The Batad hike is one of my most memorable adventure, if you're familiar with the place and I guess you've been there. It's nice to know that people in CiC are friendly, at first I was hesistant to post my pictures 'cos I see you all seem to be professional photographers, but now I feel more comfortable here. Thanks Willie!
    Friendly is the right way to describe CiC. That's the main reason why I stayed here and mellowed down on the other forums i'm visiting. I'm pretty sure we have more than a handful of professional photographers here. Maybe, they are quite busy on the business side that's why we don't see them much often.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Apo View Post
    now where talking Filipino here, kumusta kabayan... Jiro i thought youre Japanese living in a cowboy land, is that your real face in your avatar?...nice mangoes but sarap..
    Okey lang po, Sir. Yup, that's me all right.

Real Name

Hi Dante, that's what I thought. And his avatar looks like he's holding a samurai
    It's not a samurai that I'm holding, Al. It's a broom.