Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Funny!

Real Name
    Shannon

Funny!

One of the early photos I took, It's silly and fun. I really didn't have any clue what I was doing at the time.. I still don't But I think it's funny ... just thought I would share. I forget to add that I accidently left a polarizing filter on my lens while in a badly lit bathroom..

Funny!

Also I should note: The subject posed for this under duress.. LOL.. he was a good sport though. Helping me practice.

Real Name
    Thierry

Re: Funny!

Hi shannon,

Interesting shot. your b&w has a small lack of contrast.

Real Name
    Thierry

here is a review proposal. If you don't like it, tell me and I will remove it

Funny!

Real Name
    Shannon

Thanks so much I LOVE it!! I have only been doing this for two months now, I really appreciate the help!! technically I know it's not "the best" photo.. I just like it because it's humorous .. (well to me anyhow) .. I really like how you improved it. My favourite type of photography is to take people in B&W (so far anyways) I am practicing on the contrast and how to make the person pop more. If you have any tips, I would love to hear them.. I have a notebook that I am collecting tips in and things to practice that I have been collecting from this wonderful forum. Everyone has been a HUGE help. Again thanks !! I love what you did so don't take it down.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

That was funny for sure, Shannon. Hehehe.

Real Name
    Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by Shambhala View Post
    Thanks so much I LOVE it!! I have only been doing this for two months now, I really appreciate the help!! technically I know it's not "the best" photo.. I just like it because it's humorous .. (well to me anyhow) .. I really like how you improved it. My favourite type of photography is to take people in B&W (so far anyways) I am practicing on the contrast and how to make the person pop more. If you have any tips, I would love to hear them.. I have a notebook that I am collecting tips in and things to practice that I have been collecting from this wonderful forum. Everyone has been a HUGE help. Again thanks !! I love what you did so don't take it down.
    Thanks shannon. there are no secrets in what I did to slightly improve your excellent picture my only problem is my limited english moreover I use a french version of photoshop. Anyway, I can try :

- For each picture I recommend you to give a look carefully to the histogram of your picture. In the case it was centred in the gay area.
    - I added a level layer and moving right the gray cursor at the bottom of the level function I increased the contrast.
    - To give a "3D" aspect (I've seen your other thread). I copied the initial layer and added an "high pass' filter set to 4. This layer is set with incrustation mode.
    - I flattened the picture

If you do not understand, tell me and I will post on your thread some screen copies

Cheers

Thierry

Real Name
    Thierry

I cloaned out some lines on top of your picture with the photoshop stamp

Real Name
    Thierry

Hi shannon

I am back. I gave a look to the exif data of your picture. Apprently you used P mode fom your canon DSLR. For future shots, I suggest you to use the Av mode and manage your depth of focus.

The basic principle, if you want to highlight your foreground and blur background use a small value of dof.

At the opposite if you want to shot a landscape I suggest f/7.1 f/8

We have into french several web tutorials explaing such concept. I am rather sure that with google you can find equivalents in english

cheers

Thierry

Real Name
    Shannon

Thanks Tierry! If you want to post in French there is a bilingual speaker in my house , both French and English. But I understood your English very well Thanks for your help. I have written it all down.!! When I shot in P it was because I didn't even know what the settings on my camera meant at the time.. It may have even accidently ended up there. LOL! I really appreciate all your help !

Real Name
    Shannon

HEHE.. I like a sense of humour!

Real Name
    Thierry

Thanks for your proposal to use french language but CIC is a forum in english and by respect I prefer to try to improve my english

cheers

Real Name
    Shannon

Ok, sounds good... I think your English is great!

Real Name
    Dora B

Hello Thierry,
    We have into french several web tutorials, oh , good to know that, French is my first language and maybe I will better understand all those technical explanations. Could you please give me the address?
    Thank you,
    Dora

What is Donald doing in your bath?

I think it is a great shot and well spotted. I think you can see from Thierry's version how important it is to get to grips with basic PP. Even if you have not got to this on your course it is worth a dabble and there are plenty on CiC who will help out

Real Name
    Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by dulceza View Post
    Hello Thierry,
    We have into french several web tutorials, oh , good to know that, French is my first language and maybe I will better understand all those technical explanations. Could you please give me the address?
    Thank you,
    Dora
    Hi Dora,

"Une cousine du Québec" ?

please find here after few links into french :

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profondeur_de_champ

http://www.arnaudfrichphoto.com/tech...focale.htm#top

http://www.photographiz.com/cours_ph...deur_de_champ/

Cheers

Thierry

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    resting his over-strained monitor eyes from too much CiC by the look of it.

Real Name
    Shannon

LOL!! Yes, I am really excited to start learning PP I think I will probably start looking at tutorials before my classes begin.. I don't think I can wait till June. But then again. Maybe I should get more of the basics down before I start the PP... hmmm.

Real Name
    Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post

I think it is a great shot and well spotted. I think you can see from Thierry's version how important it is to get to grips with basic PP. Even if you have not got to this on your course it is worth a dabble and there are plenty on CiC who will help out

Agreed!! He did a great job fixing it up for me. another reason I love this forum, lots of people ready to help out )

Real Name
    Dora B

Merci cousin. I don't know exactly where I come from (QC is my adopted land) - but since I joined CiC 2 weeks ago I do know that I'm part of a big family from a very blue planet

Real Name
    Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by dulceza View Post
    Merci cousin. I don't know exactly where I come from (QC is my adopted land) - but since I joined CiC 2 weeks ago I do know that I'm part of a big family from a very blue planet
    that's right dora