The rope

This is not another bondage thread

The rope

Your C&C are always welcome!

rob marshall

Re: The rope

Quote Originally Posted by manthos View Post
    This is not another bondage thread
    If it makes you happy to not call it a bondage thread, then so be it. I suppose things are different in Greece.

Good composition.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

I like it, Giannis... bondage or no. It looks like the rope is in the water?

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelucydog View Post
    I like it, Giannis... bondage or no.
    Oh, dear, what have I let loose... I knew I shouldn't have started this business...

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    Oh, dear, what have I let loose... I knew I shouldn't have started this business...
    It's okay, Rob. Your humor brings excitement to may life... even if it is only suggested.

Real Name
    Lon Howard

I was wondering the same thing, Giannis. It appears to be in the water, and I am tempted to play around with the water color to improve the contrast in those areas where the rope is beneath the surface. Of course, the intent of the maker is always the primary element, so don't run straight down to the bank with this.

Real Name
    Philip

This seems to give the impression of an electron micrograph of a sperm cell, with the coils of DNA in its head and its long wavy tail.

It is a wonderful composition.

Would it benefit at all from the removal of the light streak of thin rope on the left of the main rope?

Philip

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    This seems to give the impression of an electron micrograph of a sperm cell, with the coils of DNA in its head and its long wavy tail.
    Yeah. That's the first thing that struck me... (x50)

Real Name
    Philip

Yeah. That's the first thing that struck me... (x50)
    I would have bet my pension that you would react to that comment, Rob, and you didn't disappoint me. Well done!!

Philip

Thank you Mary! Indeed, it's in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon Howard View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, Giannis. It appears to be in the water, and I am tempted to play around with the water color to improve the contrast in those areas where the rope is beneath the surface. Of course, the intent of the maker is always the primary element, so don't run straight down to the bank with this.
    Lon, I believe that the colours are quite accurate. The water was greenish at that spot and the contrast in the rope segments over and under the water wasn't very noticeable. But I had little time yesterday to PP it and it definitely needs some.

Wow! I think everyone agrees that Philip deserves a prize for the most imaginative interpretation of an image with a floating rope!

It is a wonderful composition.

Would it benefit at all from the removal of the light streak of thin rope on the left of the main rope?
    Thank you Philip. That thin rope bothers me too but my time yesterday was very limited.

I seriously considered naming it "no more bondage", as the image may imply, but then I thought of all your hard work these days on the new trend in this site!

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Very interesting. You usually see this situation when a ship is docking. They throw the thin line from the ship to someone on a small boat or on the shore. They then use that thin line to pull the heavy rope which is designed to float. Once the heavy line is pulled in, they can attach it to a mooring post to secure the ship. The thin line is then untied from the mooring rope and pulled back to the ship. The picture does tell a story.