Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Goodbye & Good Riddance

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Goodbye & Good Riddance

    Only kidding

    One of the deep sea fishing vessels that I've been working on somewhat "intensely" for a couple of days. Got a call back to her about 30 minutes from sailing time to fix a small problem ... it's always nice to see them sailing away, safe for another 6 weeks

    They're a bit like racing cars in the pits - every 6 weeks they come in for 2 to 3 days - then back out again - and some of those 2 to 3 day periods can get pretty busy.

    Not a great shot - but the best I could do at the time

    Goodbye & Good Riddance

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA USA
    Posts
    1,382
    Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

    Re: Goodbye & Good Riddance

    It's nice to see one of the vessels you work on.

  3. #3
    djg05478's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    VT, USA
    Posts
    418
    Real Name
    Debbie

    Re: Goodbye & Good Riddance

    Nice....I like all the space you gave to the lights reflecting on the water

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: Goodbye & Good Riddance

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovelucydog View Post
    It's nice to see one of the vessels you work on.
    Thanks Mary

    You should see the food they serve up! The other day ... Chicken Corden Bleu with garlic sauce - Savory Beef & rice - brocoli - caprrots - Scalloped potatoes (cheese & onion) - and that's just what I had. Couldn't fit the pavlova in, darn it!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: Goodbye & Good Riddance

    Quote Originally Posted by djg05478 View Post
    Nice....I like all the space you gave to the lights reflecting on the water
    Thanks Debbie,

    It's not a killer shot, but the best I could manage on the night

  6. #6
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    30,423
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Goodbye & Good Riddance

    Very nice shot, no distortions in the background and the colors are crisp and warm.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: Goodbye & Good Riddance

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Very nice shot, no distortions in the background and the colors are crisp and warm.
    Thanks John,

    It's amazing the different textures that water can cough up depending on it's surface state

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA USA
    Posts
    1,382
    Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

    Re: Goodbye & Good Riddance

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Thanks Mary

    You should see the food they serve up! The other day ... Chicken Corden Bleu with garlic sauce - Savory Beef & rice - brocoli - caprrots - Scalloped potatoes (cheese & onion) - and that's just what I had. Couldn't fit the pavlova in, darn it!
    Sounds Yum-O.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •