Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Ducks in the Pond.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Ducks in the Pond.

We were able to visit San Antonio, TX again this weekend. This time we visited the San Antonio Zoo. I had a blast! Took almost 10GB of shots that filled 2 4GB and 1 2GB CF cards. Luckily my kid brought along his Macbook so I was able to transfer the files at night to free up my cards for the next day. Here's one of the good shots that I was able to get. I had lots of throw-aways. Poor lighting, birds won't cooperate, lots of bystanders, too many sexy girls that distracts my attention Just kidding.

If somebody could ID this bird for me I would be very glad. My fault, I just took pictures without taking some shots of the tag board of the birds. I'm thinking of the precious memory space rather than ID'ing the birds first.

Click the image to see it in lightbox.
    Ducks in the Pond.

--------
    Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens at 70mm, Exposure at ISO 200, f4.5 at 1/640 second, Matrix Metering in Aperture Priority Mode, Color processed in Lightroom 3.
    Last edited by jiro; 16th May 2011 at 12:43 AM.

Real Name
    Michael Farrand

Re: Ducks in the Pond.

I'm not sure but I think you may have a goose on your hands. Chinese Swan Goose? Nice shots as always.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by KTHXBAI View Post
    I'm not sure but I think you may have a goose on your hands. Chinese Swan Goose? Nice shots as always.
    I'm dumb when it comes to ID'ing birds, Michael.

Real Name
    Abhi

Nice photo, Jiro. Sorry, I am no help with ID of the birds, but the SA zoo keeps a list of its birds at

http://www.sazoo-aq.org/animalexhibits/birds.html. One option is to search for photos of the birds listed there and look for a match with yours But, if I were you I would first try to contact them for help, the zoo, not the ducks:P

Glad to have you back from the zoo,

Real Name
    Chris

Great focus and definition..that's got to be the cleanest water I've ever seen in a zoo.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    Great focus and definition..that's got to be the cleanest water I've ever seen in a zoo.
    Thanks, Chris. I applied some water filtration system courtesy of Lightroom 3 Chemicals Corporation. Actually it was really clean when we visited the zoo. I only cloned out some floating debris to make the shot look clearer.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by abhi View Post
    Nice photo, Jiro. Sorry, I am no help with ID of the birds, but the SA zoo keeps a list of its birds at

http://www.sazoo-aq.org/animalexhibits/birds.html. One option is to search for photos of the birds listed there and look for a match with yours But, if I were you I would first try to contact them for help, the zoo, not the ducks:P

Glad to have you back from the zoo,
    Thanks, Abhi. I might call them up this coming week to ask for some help ID'ing this one. Thanks!
    Last edited by jiro; 16th May 2011 at 02:35 AM.

Real Name
    james

Great shot. I am real glad you were able to have good time with family and pursue photography too. win win .

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by jamn4ex View Post
    Great shot. I am real glad you were able to have good time with family and pursue photography too. win win .
    Thanks, James. We have a simple arrangement: They go to wherever they want to go while I go separate and take my shots. When I got hungry... I have to buy my own food 'coz I did not go around with them. Simple, Isn't it?