Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Why are you Looking at me like That?

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Why are you Looking at me like That?

My granddaughter Ivy cam to visit so we took her to the Botanical Gardens. She loves to play in the pool.

Should I attempt to make any changes in Photoshop? I'm new to PS and just starting to learn.

Real Name
    James

Re: Why are you Looking at me like That?

I played with the colors and added a border.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

I Like the border! I guess my eye is not trained well enough to determine what is correct as far as color, contrast, white balance and such. I see two treatments of the same shot and like both for different reasons but I can't seem to determine which is correct. More discouraging is that I have a hard time telling what changes would make the image ‘better’ as opposed to ‘different’.

Real Name
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    I Like the border! I guess my eye is not trained well enough to determine what is correct as far as color, contrast, white balance and such. I see two treatments of the same shot and like both for different reasons but I can't seem to determine which is correct. More discouraging is that I have a hard time telling what changes would make the image ‘better’ as opposed to ‘different’.
    I wouldn't feel to discouraged about the post processing aspect of photography and what your photo's look like because it can be a major learning process.I'm finding out more and more in these threads on things i had never thought of doing to my photo's and you'll find an abundance of info here to help you out.Just think of it as play time and see what happens and you might stumble upon something you can use in later photo's if not the one your working on. Ron

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

You captured a very nice expression on the kids' face, Frank. The crop is a bit tight on the upper part but still OK. As for your question, some post-processing will always help to improve your image for better visual impact. If this was my shot, I would introduce some slight contrast adjustment and a little bit of dodging and burning to highlight and darken some specific areas. I like the shot.

Real Name
    Thierry

the second version with apparently with warmer colors is better. I share Willie's point of view for rewiewing some contrats locally

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Thanks Willie and Thierry! I'll give it a go.