Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Building from a different angle

Real Name
    John

Building from a different angle

This is a multi-use building that is usually approached from different angles. It is a Children's hospital that has an emergency heli-port and is also used for cultural events. So visitors usually see it from a differentperspective.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Building from a different angle

John

The building doesn't look sharp enough. I dismissed motion blur as the cause as the car at the bottom and the cross on the light coloured building/vehicle amongst the trees look fine. So, maybe you got the focus in the wrong place, even though you shot at f22 and it was at 50mm length.

The building and the land around it are quite dark. I wondered if it actually needed quite a bit more than the 2.5secs shown on the EXIF info? That would have really blown the light area around that car. But it is that area that the picture seems to have been exposed for, rather than the main subject behind it.

Real Name
    John

Re: Building from a different angle

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    John

The building doesn't look sharp enough. I dismissed motion blur as the cause as the car at the bottom and the cross on the light coloured building/vehicle amongst the trees look fine. So, maybe you got the focus in the wrong place, even though you shot at f22 and it was at 50mm length.

The building and the land around it are quite dark. I wondered if it actually needed quite a bit more than the 2.5secs shown on the EXIF info? That would have really blown the light area around that car. But it is that area that the picture seems to have been exposed for, rather than the main subject behind it.
    Donald,

This is a composite of three or four images so I probably didn't get the alignment correct. Also, my tripod isn't that steady and I probably pushed too hard on the controls when I changed the exposure. No excuse, but that would explain all that you observed. I'll take a look at the individual images to see how sharp they are. Thanks for the feedback.

Here's one the exposures (f/22, 30sec, +5 exp. comp.). I should have also used the lettering on the truck as an example of the sharpness of the image.

Last edited by Shadowman; 14th May 2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: added image