Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: In yer face!

Real Name
    Ken Outch

In yer face!

Sorry.Horrible title I know. But this seemed so unfriendly when on the screen that this is what came to mind when I looked at it. I have a feeling there is a whole lot wrong with this, mainly due to over exuberance in post processing on my part. Very Ugly also comes to mind as well, the photo, that is, not me...... but then again....
    ken

In yer face!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: In yer face!

Quote Originally Posted by ucci View Post
    Very Ugly also comes to mind as well, the photo, that is, not me.
    Well, if that's you in your Avatar ........! If not, then you're safe!

I like what you've done with the dead tree. But I think you've maybe darkened everything around it too much. I know you were probably trying to isolate it from it's background, but I wonder if it would look more 'In yer face' (where did you learn to write with a west of Scotland accent?) if we could see it slightly more clearly in its surroundings. Just one thought.

Real Name
    Matt

I actually like it, just as it is. I think the contrast between the dead tree and its surroundings works nicely. But then, I'm no expert. Donald is probably right.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Well, if that's you in your Avatar ........! If not, then you're safe!

I like what you've done with the dead tree. But I think you've maybe darkened everything around it too much. I know you were probably trying to isolate it from it's background, but I wonder if it would look more 'In yer face' (where did you learn to write with a west of Scotland accent?) if we could see it slightly more clearly in its surroundings. Just one thought.
    LOL Donald
    Yes, that's me in the avatar, on one of my better days! As for the accent? Well we had an Italian ancestor who had relocated to Glascow and set up as a Master Glazier in Glascow in the mid 1800's. His offspring subsequently fled to Oz to escape the cold, rain and snow. Sorry if this reference to your weather is a 'thaw' point.
    I agree with your comments . The more i look at it, the more I feel that the 'loss ' of the tree trunk and the isolation of the dead branches tends to make it appear that the branches had been copied and superimposed on a back ground for effect, which they hadn't. Yours was a very good thought. Thank you for viweing and commenting.
    Cheers
    Ken

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Quote Originally Posted by Szczur View Post
    I actually like it, just as it is. I think the contrast between the dead tree and its surroundings works nicely. But then, I'm no expert. Donald is probably right.
    Hi Matt
    Thank you for viewing and posting a comment. I value your input as hopefully it all helps me to improve.
    Ken