Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A wee trip to Skye

Real Name
    David Moss

A wee trip to Skye

So I went up to Skye today, and the weather was lovely. I got a chance to faff about in between doing what I went up there to do, and took a few pictures that I'm pretty happy with.
    C+C would be much appreciated as always

A wee trip to Skye

A wee trip to Skye

A wee trip to Skye

A wee trip to Skye
    (This last one is kind of lacking any point, but I like it nonetheless)

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Re: A wee trip to Skye

Well, so do I. It is my favourite
    Ken

Real Name
    John Wright

Brings back memories - lovely scenes. I like the stream/close and low rocks shot especially. If I lived near Skye I'd be there as often as possible - I've been once for 5 days (August 2008 and flew to Glasgow from Birmingham) We had a white-tailed eagle fly over us and saw two buzzards buzzing a golden eagle, visited Staffa and Lunga islands and Iona. It's a wonderful place, especially at sunrise and sunset and much loved by photographers with photos making the magazines all the time.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Despite the fact that the west highlands is 'home', I've never explored Skye (I suppose it's too close to home and we took it for granted). My only dealings with Skye were through playing shinty - Cross the ferry (in the days before the bridge was built); get to Portree; play the game; into the pub; home (Aahh, the good old days). My paternal grandparents both came from Skye.

But, wherever you turn, it's spectacular.

A nice set, David. Gives a good sense of the place. Was 'what you were up there to do' connected with being at Talisker Distillery?

lovely set!
    my favourite is #3, my eyes are catched by the hill and the clouds in the background (it's a typical Scottish sky) and by the running water in the foreground
    perhaps you could clone away the flare in the center
    N

Real Name
    David Moss

Thanks everybody

Nicola: I have never cloned anything, so it hadn't occurred to me to try it, but I'll give it a shot. Cheers

Donald: Funny you should mention Shinty, the kids from my old primary school were having a match while I was there...( I was always terrible at shinty though). I used to live directly opposite the distillery, and the house is being refurbished after the water tank in the loft burst. I was up dropping off a fireplace with my dad, and I couldn't resist taking my camera along.

John: I'm fond of the place myself, I wish I still lived there!

Ken: Cheers, good to know it's not just me