Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Need help please

  1. #1
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Need help please

    I have this image in tif and I need to build - as good as possible - the area between the two red lines.
    I have tried but the results are always poor.
    I have cloned, I have used the healing brush tool and so on but nothing is at my satisfaction.
    In fact, I want a very good result.
    The pavement in the foreground was more to the upper site as we can see and I have moved it down using another layer.
    Any help is welcome. Thank you

    Need help please

  2. #2
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Need help please

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
    I have this image in tif and I need to build - as good as possible - the area between the two red lines.
    I have tried but the results are always poor.
    I have cloned, I have used the healing brush tool and so on but nothing is at my satisfaction.
    In fact, I want a very good result.
    The pavement in the foreground was more to the upper site as we can see and I have moved it down using another layer.
    Any help is welcome. Thank you

    Need help please
    Can you give the link to the .tiff file?

  3. #3
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Need help please

    Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Can you give the link to the .tiff file?
    Thank you Jiro.
    I am uploading the file in Dropbox at this moment.

    As I have to go out for some time I will link to the file later on when I am back

    Thank you again

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Greece (ex UK)
    Posts
    614
    Real Name
    Russell

    Re: Need help please

    Not sure what you wanted but to me the image looked a little flat so I just did a curves and unsharp on it to try and give the colours a lift.
    sorry if not what you wanted
    Need help please

  5. #5
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Need help please

    @ Jiro - The file is here if you please Jiro. Thank you.

    @ Rusell - And thank you Rusell but it not exactly what I was looking for.
    Anyway, you are pointing to an important aspect which I was not aware of until now because I have been too concentrated on a new triptych working in 3 images at the same time.

  6. #6
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Need help please

    Last question: "Could you be more specific and explain in a simple way how would you want the image to be reconstructed?" I can't seem to fully understand how to go about the procedure. Sorry, my English is not that good.

  7. #7
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Need help please

    António, Is this what you have in mind?

    Need help please

    Kindly confirm. Thanks.

  8. #8
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Need help please

    Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Last question: "Could you be more specific and explain in a simple way how would you want the image to be reconstructed?" I can't seem to fully understand how to go about the procedure. Sorry, my English is not that good.
    Your English is not good ???
    OK then
    First picture: the original.
    Second and third pictures: where I want the pavement to be (I made a new layer via copy and moved it down).
    The darker area is to be cloned making the wall between the red lines uniform, homogenized and coherent.
    My English is better tonight than some hours ago when I was in a hush.

    Thank you Jiro

    Need help please Need help please Need help please

  9. #9
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Need help please

    Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    António, Is this what you have in mind?

    Need help please

    Kindly confirm. Thanks.
    It can be. It is not what I had in m ind but yes it is fine.
    I think you made it easier than I thought. How have you dome it Jiro ?
    It looks like you stretched the wall...

  10. #10
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Need help please

    OK. So, is my first edit the one you want to do with the image? Kindly confirm. If not, tell me the needed adjustment based on my first edited work. Thanks.

  11. #11
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Need help please

    I better explain what I am doing for a better understanding.
    Just hold on a moment if you please

  12. #12
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Need help please

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
    It can be. It is not what I had in m ind but yes it is fine.
    I think you made it easier than I thought. How have you dome it Jiro ?
    It looks like you stretched the wall...
    Exactly! The brain can't see the subtle difference if there was no two images to compare the changes. Seeing the detail and texture of the wall and the pavement, I did not see any loss on the detail when I stretched some part of the wall and pull it down. Took me less than a minute to do it. Boosting the contrast and adding some sharpening will further hide the stretching that I did. Did it pass your idea? If not I can probably do another edit.

  13. #13
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Need help please

    Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Exactly! The brain can't see the subtle difference if there was no two images to compare the changes. Seeing the detail and texture of the wall and the pavement, I did not see any loss on the detail when I stretched some part of the wall and pull it down. Took me less than a minute to do it. Boosting the contrast and adding some sharpening will further hide the stretching that I did. Did it pass your idea? If not I can probably do another edit.
    Just great !
    Hold on a second please. I am writing in another window.
    Back soon

  14. #14
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Need help please

    I am working on a triptych which the first two photos are the ones I am showing you here now.
    I want the third image to be the one we have been talking about because I want the descending line to be in the right "sequence". I think I make myself understand don't I ?
    See the descending line ? Between the pavement and the wall ? The interception of both surfaces ?
    See that the line passes from one picture to the other ?
    Well, that is what I want to do with the third photo and I think you have done it pretty quickly ! Great. I am sorry I could not remember such a simple procedure.

    Thank you Jiro. I think it is nice the way you did it !
    Thank you

    Need help please Need help please

  15. #15
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Need help please

    Here's the initial edit with contrast, selective color, and sharpening adjustment applied to it.

    Need help please

  16. #16
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Need help please

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
    I am working on a triptych which the first two photos are the ones I am showing you here now.
    I want the third image to be the one we have been talking about because I want the descending line to be in the right "sequence". I think I make myself understand don't I ?
    See the descending line ? Between the pavement and the wall ? The interception of both surfaces ?
    See that the line passes from one picture to the other ?
    Well, that is what I want to do with the third photo and I think you have done it pretty quickly ! Great. I am sorry I could not remember such a simple procedure.

    Thank you Jiro. I think it is nice the way you did it !
    Thank you

    Need help please Need help please
    Great! Send me the other image where you want this edited work to be placed adjacent to it so I can accurately determine the right connecting path for the pavement. I think I can still further help you out with this one. Just the one that is adjacent to this image so I can align the edit properly.

  17. #17
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Need help please

    Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Here's the initial edit with contrast, selective color, and sharpening adjustment applied to it.

    Need help please
    Pretty strong in fact... I like it.
    I rarely am so bold
    Perhaps a bit too strong but not far from what I want to reach.
    Thank you Jiro.
    This is part of a theme and I need some 50 images this kind...
    Hard and long job.

  18. #18
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: Need help please

    Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Great! Send me the other image where you want this edited work to be placed adjacent to it so I can accurately determine the right connecting path for the pavement. I think I can still further help you out with this one. Just the one that is adjacent to this image so I can align the edit properly.
    No Jiro that I will not do !
    I want to do it myself !
    OK ? You have been of great help ! When and if I need anything else I will - yes you are reading correctly and I repeat - I will ask you.
    Now, you are in trouble !

  19. #19
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Need help please

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
    Pretty strong in fact... I like it.
    I rarely am so bold
    Perhaps a bit too strong but not far from what I want to reach.
    Thank you Jiro.
    This is part of a theme and I need some 50 images this kind...
    Hard and long job.
    If you use Lightroom 3, you can select all of the those 50 images (after you have fully edited them) and just "SYNC your settings" in one swift global adjustment. 50 images would probably take you just around 40 minutes considering how big your .tiff files are. I just sync'd adjusting 215 RAW files a while ago and converted them to Jpeg's with all the adjustments and it took me about 32 minutes to do it. Each file is only around 5MB each. That's how powerful Lightroom is!

  20. #20
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Need help please

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
    No Jiro that I will not do !
    I want to do it myself !
    OK ? You have been of great help ! When and if I need anything else I will - yes you are reading correctly and I repeat - I will ask you.
    Now, you are in trouble !
    Just happy to help, Sir. I always try to remember what one of my friend used to tell me before about doing something: "If you're having a hard time doing something... there must be something that doesn't fit with your procedure. Always simplify." Works for me every time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •