Hot Pot & Grills

Hot Pot & Grills

Camera: Nikon D90
    Lens: 50mm f1.8

thanks for viewing

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Hot Pot & Grills

Nice shots, Jhong. If you have Photoshop with you, you can use some dodging on your main elements to brighten them up a little bit for some "punch". As for the last shot, I would suggest that you re-shoot it. It's a bit "unethical" for the Chinese community to see a chopstick left vertically stuck into a bowl of rice because it resembles the ritual of incense-burning that symbolizes "feeding" the dead and death in general. Usually, the chopsticks are positioned lying on top of the rice bowls when you are eating or at the table on the napkins. Just a thought.

Real Name
    Jhong Dizon

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Nice shots, Jhong. If you have Photoshop with you, you can use some dodging on your main elements to brighten them up a little bit for some "punch". As for the last shot, I would suggest that you re-shoot it. It's a bit "unethical" for the Chinese community to see a chopstick left vertically stuck into a bowl of rice because it resembles the ritual of incense-burning that symbolizes "feeding" the dead and death in general. Usually, the chopsticks are positioned lying on top of the rice bowls when you are eating or at the table on the napkins. Just a thought.
    thanks jiro i did not edit it much. just converted it to black and white and some sharpening on it. for the last shot i was about to eat it but then again it looked nice when i put the chopstick so i decided to take a shot. i did not know that there are some meanings on it. my bad

thanks again for the wonderful and very informative comment

cheers

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Japokskee View Post
    thanks jiro i did not edit it much. just converted it to black and white and some sharpening on it. for the last shot i was about to eat it but then again it looked nice when i put the chopstick so i decided to take a shot. i did not know that there are some meanings on it. my bad

thanks again for the wonderful and very informative comment

cheers
    I ran into that same mistake when I was in China way back. I did not know anything about the meaning of such a small mistake but I'm glad someone told me why. Now, even if it's not a big thing to me I still have to respect how other people look at something so I'm at peace with everyone. Jhong, if you continue to have that willing attitude to learn and to listen from others' comments, I think it will allow you to go far on your photographic journey.

Real Name
    Jhong Dizon

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    I ran into that same mistake when I was in China way back. I did not know anything about the meaning of such a small mistake but I'm glad someone told me why. Now, even if it's not a big thing to me I still have to respect how other people look at something so I'm at peace with everyone. Jhong, if you continue to have that willing attitude to learn and to listen from others' comments, I think it will allow you to go far on your photographic journey.
    i still consider myself as a newbie... photography is an endless learning... it should be studied carefully and passionately i love photography and i am willing to learn what i have to learn from you guys it's like everyday schooling... and i should say thanks a lot! weeeeeee