Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bluebells are everywhere!

Real Name
    Rachel

Bluebells are everywhere!

I haven't been able to be on here for a while, but still out trying to improve my photography skills and looking for ways to capture hopefully unique shots.... bluebells are everywhere here, they are so simple I love them!

I had a little catch-up this morning also voting on all the mini comps, and love to see the great diversity in styles on here

:Bluebells are everywhere!

Real Name
    Tim

Re: Bluebells are everywhere!

I like it a lot. The colors are great, the image is nice. I know that minimal type photography is not everybody's cup of tea, but the idea is to evoke a larger scene, and this does that.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by tameigh View Post
    I know that minimal type photography is not everybody's cup of tea, but the idea is to evoke a larger scene, and this does that.
    Interesting point. When I saw the title in the Latest threads list, I immediately conjured up this image of a carpet of blue on the floor of a forest with the sun dappling through the trees with their new leaves glistening brightly.

And this is about challenging that stereotype. Why should bluebells not grow and be appreciated in this more urban setting? Clever idea.

Real Name
    Rachel

thanks, I really love the simplicity of it, it is one of my new favorite images.... although Donald I do have a shot much as you describe with a magnolia tree the focal centre and a carpet of pink and purple bluebells underneath... it is a very busy scene! lol