Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Hannah

Real Name
    Richard

Hannah

Canon 7D, ISO 200, 70-200mm f/4L IS with 550EX bounced off the ceiling using a Stroboframe Off-Camera Bracket + Canon Off-Camera Sync Cord. Light modified with a Joe Demb Flash Diffuser Pro. Post processed in Photoshop CS5 and Portrait Professional 9.

I am a little bit bothered by the individual hairs in front of her left eye...

Hannah

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Hannah

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I am a little bit bothered by the individual hairs in front of her left eye...
    I don't think that detracts from the image, Richard.

I do like your getting in close and the close crop. She has a very, what I would call, 'sculpted' bone/facial structure and what you have done presents that very powerfully.

I have to confess, however, that what I do find distracting is that eyebrow. I'm sure it is terribly fashionable and I mean no disrespect to Hannah, but it's just too much.

Real Name
    Steve

I love the image, pose, pp etc. It all works very well.

However, is it me or is the focus point the tip of her nose? It doesn't seem quite as sharp around the eyes as it could be and with such a shallow DoF.

Just an observation, maybe that was your intention and the image is really very good as it is

Real Name
    Richard

Here is another...

Hannah

I much prefer that shot, Richard. Nothing to do with technical quality though; they both seem well photographed to me.

In the first photo she seems somewhat nervous, even startled. But with the second one she looks absolutely confident, almost haughty.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Ah - the second shot explains something I wondered about in the first - they are ear-rings (or is it ear-ropes)

Sorry, I'm probably also being terribly unfashionable and I also mean no insult to Hannah of course.

I (much) prefer the second shot too, as I found the eyebrow and ear-ring a distraction in #1.

Both larger would be better for my eyes though, I have to struggle to see the focus issue at only 450 pixels tall.

Can't see anything wrong in #2 and the composition is great.

Both are good but I prefer the first one. The hairs dont bother me at all and neither do the earings.

Real Name
    Richard

When I post processed picture #1, I noticed the earring hanging from her far ear. I didn't realize what it was, so I just retouched it to look like part of her dress collar. I am going to re-post-process it (if re-post-process is a term that can be used) and see what it looks like. I also have a hunch that when I was paying so much attention to eliminating her earring, I may have messed up her eyebrow.

Regarding Geoff's comment about her looking startled... I really think that I did that when retouching her lips by changing the attitude of her mouth. In the original image, she looks extremely intense. However, I can see how she looks startled in my pp job.

Hannah is a very sophisticated looking young lady. Her posture is extremely straight but, she can still convey femininity.

Real Name
    Richard

Here is another shot of Hannah. This one was done outdoors with Hannah back lit with sky as background. This time I used direct fill flash from my 550EX...

Hannah