Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: colour sample tool/dropper

Real Name
    Russell

colour sample tool/dropper

Hi, Need some advice please, when I am useing the colour sample tool/dropper with curves I cannot figure how to get a mid tone point from the image, I thought you held down on a PC Ctrl+Shift+click to give you a sample point on the curves histogram box on all the channels RGB or even found your neutural on the photograph place a point then if you want to have the point on all channels again hold down C+S+click on the sample again but when I hold down C+S together I am getting the move tool activate, maybe I am completeley wrong but advice please.

Re: colour sample tool/dropper

Which software?

I can't offer much advice though. I never use this way of working; I just hover the dropper tool over the image and mentally note the readings then adjust curves by eye.

Real Name
    Russell

Re: colour sample tool/dropper

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Which software?

I can't offer much advice though. I never use this way of working; I just hover the dropper tool over the image and mentally note the readings then adjust curves by eye.
    Hi, Sorry Geoff, I forgot to amend the thread. I worked it out from searching the net, CS4 make sure the hand icon in the curves box is selected then when you do a mid point adjust just hold ctrl and shift and it places a mark through the RGB on the curves box.
    Russ