Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: crow bathing in street gutter cc welcome

Real Name
    james

crow bathing in street gutter cc welcome

400mm shutter speed 1/160 av 5.6 iso 400 crow bathing in street gutter  cc welcomecrow bathing in street gutter  cc welcome

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: crow bathing in street gutter cc welcome

Nice shots, James. It's hard to take shots of birds specially when they are bathing as they are everywhere (they move a lot! ). I would probably recommend some boost on the contrast to make the blacks blacker. I would also probably add some slight dark vignetting so the main focus would be on the crow. A little cropping wouldn't hurt to tighten the composition. I did some minor edit on the first image and here is what I came up with if you may allow me:

crow bathing in street gutter  cc welcome
    Last edited by jiro; 5th May 2011 at 02:14 AM.

Real Name
    james

Thank you Willie. I always appreciate your pp suggestions, and I really like the fact you give me examples.I am now looking up the definition of vignetting lol.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by jamn4ex View Post
    Thank you Willie. I always appreciate your pp suggestions, and I really like the fact you give me examples.I am now looking up the definition of vignetting lol.
    Vignetting is more like darkening of the periphery (areas near the outside of the frame). Some lenses actually do this naturally while most of the time it can be added on the post-process work. This somewhat enhances the image by letting the focus of the viewer be concentrated on the brighter areas. Since I want my viewer to look more on the crow, I kept the crow's area brighter and then darkened the neighboring areas. It adds a little bit of punch to the image. Hope this helps, James.