Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Post processing mist.

Real Name
    André

Post processing mist.

Hey!

I recently took some photos of a ferry in some mist and no matter what I do, when I PP it, adjusting tone, colours and such, the mist seems to disappear.

I'm not on my computer now, so I don't have the pictures available for you to see, but I'd still like some tips and tricks as to how to preserve the mist as it's the mist that makes the picture.

How do you guys do it?

Re: Post processing mist.

Misty scenes are often tricky. They can look like they are just poorly focused or, as you say, the mist easily gets 'thin'.

Possibly working on 2 duplicate layers, adjusting one for the mist and the other for the background then combining them may be worth considering. But we really need to see an example before getting specific.

Real Name
    Tim Makins

Perhaps this tutorial would be a help to you:
    http://www.thelightsright.com/files/...hotosAGlow.pdf

There are a lot of other useful tutorials on tha site, too. Definitely worth a look:
    http://www.thelightsright.com/view/tlr_tutorials_menu

Real Name
    André

Thanks for the replies! I haven't had time to sit at my own computer yet, so still no go for the photos. I was going to upload them yesterday when I got home, but my ISP decided it was a good time for them to do some maintenance work.

That tutorial looks nice Tim! I'm not super awesome working with Photoshop yet, so I'll have a look at the other ones too.