Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's In Your Little Part Of The World?

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

What's In Your Little Part Of The World?

'Why don't we all have a "go take a photo of something interesting in our little part of the world and post it here" day? Only rule is it isn't allowed to be a "trophy" shot!' Originally posted by Colin Southern

I was out on a walk tonight and had my camera along, like always, and thought I'd take a photo of the DQ we sometimes walk to get ice cream. It's just off the beach and the boardwalk... and well... I just like how it looks kinda like old school DQ, I like the lights and it's just a happy place.

dsc_0012copy.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Re: What's In Your Little Part Of The World?

Great thread!
    I have heard of DQ. One of our neighbours have migrated to Canada & have opened a DQ Store. Don't know exactly where.

Here is a pic from my city, Chandigarh, India. This is from Sector 17, which is a commercial site. This is a huge shopping plaza. I LOVE visiting this place. Whenever I don't have anywhere to go in free time, this is the place.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
    Great thread!
    I have heard of DQ. One of our neighbours have migrated to Canada & have opened a DQ Store. Don't know exactly where.

Here is a pic from my city, Chandigarh, India. This is from Sector 17, which is a commercial site. This is a huge shopping plaza. I LOVE visiting this place. Whenever I don't have anywhere to go in free time, this is the place.

The lights at night are beautiful. I think I would love to visit there as well.

The Chocolate Hills

The Chocolate Hills are one of the most famous natural tourist attraction in the Philippines, it consists of 1200 mole-like hills and are very uniform in size and shape. They are covered with grass during the rainy and turn to chocolate brown on dry season. I took this picture on one of my trip last month.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelucydog View Post
    'Why don't we all have a "go take a photo of something interesting in our little part of the world and post it here" day? Only rule is it isn't allowed to be a "trophy" shot!' Originally posted by Colin Southern

I was out on a walk tonight and had my camera along, like always, and thought I'd take a photo of the DQ we sometimes walk to get ice cream. It's just off the beach and the boardwalk... and well... I just like how it looks kinda like old school DQ, I like the lights and it's just a happy place.

dsc_0012copy.jpg
    What's In Your Little Part Of The World? somewhat like that You probably wanted

Real Name
    Wendy

Great idea. I'm sure I will have some new ones next time I get out, but for now here is an old one from the playground.

Wendy

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Radu Dinu Cordeanu View Post
    What's In Your Little Part Of The World? somewhat like that You probably wanted
    Last edited by ilovelucydog; 4th May 2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: I thought maybe my comment sounded rude and it wasn't intended to be so.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

The view from my window

This is what it was like outside my window 7 minutes ago (from time of posting).

This is the window in the room where I have my computer and live my CiC life!

The bit in foreground is part of our garden. And just on the other side of the hill in front is where I've made so many of the images that I post on here.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Re: The view from my window

I think I would love to visit there as well.
    Come over, I will take you there
    & I would love it if you bring that car of yours, bearing the number plate lucy&me

Al, those mountains look awesome. Something very different.. Would love to see when they are brown & chocolaty

Nice, industrial playground, Wendy.

Donald, I really like the view from your window. I love that landscape in the background. Is yours a hilly area?
    & yea, that jeep looks awesome to me.

Real Name

I love seeing what you guys see. Thanks.

Real Name
    Abhi

About 50 meters from my home.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

IIT Kharagpur, hmmmmm.....

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

Taken outside my place of toil !!

These are taken from the hill at the back of where I live.

Looking back toward the village where I did most of my growing up

Same hill but different aspect with the M62 disappearing into the gloomy depths of Manchester. Actually its not that bad after all the city did give the world Oasis, Stone Roses, The Smiths, New Order, Joy Division, The Verve, 10cc, Bee Gees, Simply Red, The Buzzcocks, Take That, moody Blues, Morrissey, Elkie Brookes...and many many more. The Derbyshire hills are in the background in fact although we are well and truly on the flats we are but a stones throw from the Pennines, Wales, Yorkshire Moors, the Peak District and Cumbria (Lake District). The motorway network is such that you ar never more than an hour away from some serious hill walking.

What a great idea for a thread, Mary! I'm just going to wait till it's not raining so that I can go out back and get a nice picture of our gorgeous hill - power lines and all.

Steve, if all of that is a stone's throw - do you go visit all those places? (that I'm dying to visit, again, btw - lucky you! Very top of the list to see are Cotswolds gardens.)

Mike, you work in the West Cliff theatre? Is that why you get to travel so much? (Even your "ordinary" has a sense of magic - Woah!)

do you go visit all those places?
    I spent most of my formative years in them. Fancied myself as Don Whillans. I have lived and worked in Cumbria. The great thing is if you live in the Northwest you have to drive through them to get anywhere.

Very top of the list to see are Cotswolds gardens
    Nah..too many Americans with cameras

It's a good idea!
    it is like a small trip around the world...!
    here one of the latest pics I captured about 200 meters from my home
    can we post also old pictures? (i mean last year ones...)

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    What a great idea for a thread, Mary! I'm just going to wait till it's not raining so that I can go out back and get a nice picture of our gorgeous hill
    Well... it wasn't my idea... it was Colin's... I could take credit... but somebody would find me out, quote it and then he'd ban me for sure.

you can see my house on the background

I haven't taken many 'general' photos for a while, but here is one from 2 days ago which tends to sum up the area. Well the working side of the town anyway. The other part is just holiday homes with large expensive cars parked outside.

The background is a bit 'congested' but there is usually quite a lot happening here so perfect camera angles are hard to find.

ps. About 6 months ago we had a 'photo a day for a month, challenge and although it was a bit of a stretch to find something interesting to photograph on some days I did find the overall result quite rewarding - eventually.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast