Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Soccer at Sunset

Real Name
    Abhi

Soccer at Sunset

This is a photo of some kids playing in the evening with a backdrop of a beautiful sunset that I took a month or two ago. After several attempts at pp, I finally feel relatively happy with this version:

Soccer at Sunset
    50mm, 1/30" at f/22, ISO 200.

Comments, critiques and tips are always welcome .
    This is by far the most extensive pp exercise that I have ever taken up. So some feedback on that would be great. The original zeroed-image that I started with is HERE.

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Soccer at Sunset

I think you did well with your exercise in PP Abhi and I do like the photo. Having said that I also find the composition somewhat troublesome. The goal post acts as a frame around the subject, which is normally a good thing however in this shot the sun becomes a second and seperate subject almost as if you are looking at two pictures.

Real Name
    Abhi

Re: Soccer at Sunset

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    I think you did well with your exercise in PP Abhi and I do like the photo. The goal post acts as a frame around the subject, which is normally a good thing however in this shot the sun becomes a second and separate subject almost as if you are looking at two pictures.
    Thanks, Paul. I realized just after posting it that I should have probably posted in the PP forums, as I had always found the composition lacking, and the goal post troublesome. However, I could never pin point to what it was about the frame that bothered me. Thanks for helping me figure that out. The top bar of the goal post does seem to split the photo into two. I will try to clone it out as my next pp exercise