Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: "When Light Displayed its Magic Power"

"When Light Displayed its Magic Power"

Hello! my fellow members,

Yes, I am back on my feet now. It is been quite awhile that I have been disappearing from the Cambridge scene as for the past few months, I was busy with other works.

I am glad to inform that last March, I managed to capture a few very good shots in Mussadam in Oman and is just across the border of UAE. She has a very unique landscape which is very different from UAE. Mussadam is mountainous and with one of the peak snowed few years ago. One will drive along the coast facing the Persian Gulf with the main road to Mussadam running parallel to the coastline on one side and backed by high cliffs on the other. It was a real wonderful trip for me.

I took this picture in a langoon at about 4 pm where the summer sun was about to settle below some mountainns. I love this picture because of its colours. The water on that afternoon was clear and calm.

This photo was taken 1/60, f/9.0 and ISO 200 - 18mm using NIKON D90.

dsc_0867.jpg

It really surprised me that I could find a place like this in the Middel East. I thought it is in one of the tropical islands.

Any comments are appreciated.

Regards,

CK See
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 3rd May 2011 at 07:57 PM. Reason: add image inline

Re: "When Light Displayed its Magic Power"

Hi,
    Good shot indeed
    Below You could see the importance of foreground.For that I took a rock from right and put it back to back using two different layers and then I transformed it a few to be not the same rock(14 min.)
    Last edited by Radu Dinu Cordeanu; 4th May 2011 at 12:08 PM.

Real Name
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by cksee View Post
    Hello! my fellow members,

Yes, I am back on my feet now. It is been quite awhile that I have been disappearing from the Cambridge scene as for the past few months, I was busy with other works.

I am glad to inform that last March, I managed to capture a few very good shots in Mussadam in Oman and is just across the border of UAE. She has a very unique landscape which is very different from UAE. Mussadam is mountainous and with one of the peak snowed few years ago. One will drive along the coast facing the Persian Gulf with the main road to Mussadam running parallel to the coastline on one side and backed by high cliffs on the other. It was a real wonderful trip for me.

I took this picture in a langoon at about 4 pm where the summer sun was about to settle below some mountainns. I love this picture because of its colours. The water on that afternoon was clear and calm.

This photo was taken 1/60, f/9.0 and ISO 200 - 18mm using NIKON D90.

dsc_0867.jpg

It really surprised me that I could find a place like this in the Middel East. I thought it is in one of the tropical islands.

Any comments are appreciated.

Regards,

CK See
    I like the colors as well. That blue-green water is amazing. Did you do any post processing on it, I'm not the best at this sort of critique...but I'm wonder if it needs a lil sharpening or bump in the contrast to make it pop a lil more...but I could be so wrong on those two thoughts. Its a great scene.

Debbie

Real Name
    Chris

This is a difficult image to work with because of the intensity of the greens and blues...I had a shot at it, but suspect there are someothers out there who could do a better job...seemed ot me the more I worked with hue/sat and color balance, the brighter it got...

Debbie,

Yes, I did some post processing using Lightroom. I only enriched the colours and constrast sharpening. I have few more on the same area but I colours changed as the sun moved down. I have been here twice and it was not easy to get such moment. The last time I came, nothing of this sort. I guessed I was lucky to witness the sun working on the beauty of nature. It is in the Middle East. Not easy to spot such scene. Debbie, I am glad if you can do something to improve the photo.

Thanks and good try.

CK See