Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Gleaming Gauri!

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Gleaming Gauri!

Meet Gauri, my friend's niece. She is a lovely child but wasn't really happy to see me, like most of the kids
    Well she had a good reason to not to like me. I reached her place at her Nap Time . Nevertheless, I had a great time clicker her pics. Hope you like these shots.

My first try at collage.

Gleaming Gauri!

Gleaming Gauri!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Gleaming Gauri!

That really works, Sahil. Excellent images and a wonderful idea to shoot that sort of detail.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Thanks, Donald.

Sahil

I really like what you have done with these. The almost desaturated look works really well and once my eyes adjusted to the fact that the baby's foot was not growing out of the back of her head I really like the presentation of the first image too. It really is what makes coming to this forum so worthwhile - when you witness that transition of a photographer moving from the point of producing yet another everyday photograph to a stage where he or she starts to exhibit style and flair. You are doing that here with these. It is great to see the turning point so clearly demonstarted. So no pressure for the next set

When I see the images in the 'conversation with' threads that the photographer posts as being their turning point shot I never ever agree with that choice. I don't think seeing that turning point is something that is intuitive with your own work.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

All of them work great. My momma's heart goes straight to the toes... it's perfect.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Thanks Steve & Mary for your kind words.

Well its the presentation that had made the individual photos look pretty good. On the camera these three pictures looked having lots of potential. I had thought these would be outstanding & so did my friend. But when I saw these on computer screen I was disappointed. But I didn't want to let these pics go waste. So the idea of collage came up. Got them together, resized them, worked on placing them, then de-saturating & then border etc. & I got super excited looking at it.
    This photo shoot taught me a LOT. The second pic was very much liked by me & my friend but I knew that the left eye of the baby was a problem, technically. But my friend & the child's mother are happy with the results. So my purpose is solved. It was a free photo shoot anyways. But I got my learning tips.

& Yes, CiC has taught me a LOT! I have developed an eye for critically analysing a shot.
    Last edited by Sahil; 4th May 2011 at 06:59 AM. Reason: I don't know why I think of Mary as Lucy. Sorry for the goof up, Mary.

Real Name

"Last edited by Sahil; Today at 02:59 AM. Reason: I don't know why I think of Mary as Lucy. Sorry for the goof up, Mary."

Not a problem, Sahil. My car license plate says 'Lucy&Me' and people frequently call out 'Lucy' when I got out of the ca,r or in New Hampshire people would remember Lucy's name but not mine... I'll answer to most anything... somethings I can't even print on here, Colin would ban me for sure. Lucy. Mary. No problem.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

1st thing, shouldn't you be asleep? I guess its 6 a.m in your part of the world, since the time
    Last edited by Sahil; Today at 02:59 AM
    (my 12:29 PM) shown here was just 3 hours back. Early riser huh?!

Ha! Lucy sure has become your integral part. Lucky, you people can have license plate as per your likings.
    And Colin? Ummm... He is fun at times

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
    1st thing, shouldn't you be asleep? I guess its 6 a.m in your part of the world, since the time (my 12:29 PM) shown here was just 3 hours back. Early riser huh?!

Ha! Lucy sure has become your integral part. Lucky, you people can have license plate as per your likings.
    And Colin? Ummm... He is fun at times
    I don't sleep much. I saw your comment around 3 am my time. In NH it's like $25 dollars extra to have whatever you want on your plates, other states it costs a lot. It was always just Lucy and Me in the car. My mom would call and ask who I was with or something like that, and my response was always, 'it's just Lucy and Me' so I thought it was good fit. I keep her treats in the car and she's happy riding shotgun with her nose out the window.

Colin... Colin is fun.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Just out of curiosity, what keeps you up all night. ( I know you have to answer this question in "In Conversation with Lucy..." too, but you can give some diplomatic answer there

Real Name

Just out of curiosity, what keeps you up all night. ( I know you have to answer this question in "In Conversation with Lucy..." too, but you can give some diplomatic answer there
    A lot of reasons and I'd hate to bore you with all the details. I've had a lot on my mind and it's hard to turn it off, I guess... to keep it short and sweet. Lucy lays on the bed and hogs the covers.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelucydog View Post
    A lot of reasons and I'd hate to bore you with all the details. I've had a lot on my mind and it's hard to turn it off, I guess... to keep it short and sweet. Lucy lays on the bed and hogs the covers.
    Oh. You gave the diplomatic answer here itself.

P.S: it's 4:15 here & I am replying to your post. Same boat 'eh

Real Name

Oh. You gave the diplomatic answer here itself.

P.S: it's 4:15 here & I am replying to your post. Same boat 'eh
    Yes, I gave the diplomatic answer. The details aren't pretty and I'm trying to let 'em go.

You should get some rest.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

The details aren't pretty and I'm trying to let 'em go.
    I hope things at your end get at their best, pretty soon.

Real Name

I hope things at your end get at their best, pretty soon.
    Thank you, Sahil. Time has a way doing just that.