Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Added my first album.

Real Name
    Ron

Added my first album.

This first group of pictures is from a trip to alabama to go see my sons senior recital on the trombone at The University of Troy.This zoo was in a town close to Troy that takes in unwanted,injured or abused animals.Feel free to C&C on these pics as this is why i'm here.Added my first album.Added my first album.Added my first album.Added my first album.Added my first album.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Added my first album.

Ron

The biggest challenge on a shoot like this is the security fencing that you cannot avoid having in view.

The image of the Peacock is brilliant (you've filled the frame in a superb way), but the overlay of the blurred chainlink fencing doesn't really help it.

I think the best way you can treat it is as you have done in the last one, the picture of the Tiger. You've made the fencing part of the image, instead of trying to pretend that it's not there.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Ron

The biggest challenge on a shoot like this is the security fencing that you cannot avoid having in view.

The image of the Peacock is brilliant (you've filled the frame in a superb way), but the overlay of the blurred chainlink fencing doesn't really help it.

I think the best way you can treat it is as you have done in the last one, the picture of the Tiger. You've made the fencing part of the image, instead of trying to pretend that it's not there.
    Zoo photography can be viewed in two ways, you are either showing the plight of the animals in captivity or showing the beauty of the creatures, and the fencing or cages will play a big part in your presentation. I prefer to eliminate the cages and fences and show a serene image that looks realistic even though I know most of these animals would prefer to be somewhere else.

Real Name
    Ron

Thanks Donald.The majority of the animals were behind fences that were behind other fences.The big cats were behind 2 fences spaced 20 ft apart so i'm happy that i managed to get the animals in focus using manual focus.
    Looking forward to adding more picture for everyones C&C as it will only make me a better photographer.
    Thanks again! Ron

Real Name
    Ron

Thanks John (aka Shadowman).Had thought about going to the Montgomery Zoo in Alabama that day but the weather (tornados tore through the state later that evening) was not going to be conducive for keeping my camera dry so we went to this Rescue and Rehabilitation zoo in Banks Alabama.
    Thanks! Ron