Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A little Whimsy in the Garden

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

A little Whimsy in the Garden

Spent the day in the garden centre and then the garden (there are some things in life you cannot choose!).

But after the labours of the day, it was a chance to get the chilled white wine open, sit down and watch the hose doing its work.

Just a bit of fun.

1/15@f16

1/10@f22

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Re: A little Whimsy in the Garden

Those are great fun, Donald. The water almost looks like fireworks. I like them.

Real Name
    Don

It's amazing what a simple thing like a sprinkler can turn into when a good Photographer is close by.

Very nice shots.

I can't believe - absolutely cannot believe - that you need your sprinkler on. What happened to "April Showers bring May flowers." Don't you get those? Of course, they're fun photos!

What happened to "April Showers bring May flowers." Don't you get those?
    Apparently not this year Glorious blue skies and sunshine here today (and the last few days). Off to North Wales today - might even get as far as Bodnant if I am lucky.
    But after the labours of the day, it was a chance to get the chilled white wine open, sit down and watch the hose doing its work.
    Bit premature Donald - the grass needs cutting But that is pot calling the kettle black - mine is full of daisies . I told WireVixen the meadow look is all the rage in Homes & Gardens this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Bit premature Donald - the grass needs cutting But that is pot calling the kettle black - mine is full of daisies . I told WireVixen the meadow look is all the rage in Homes & Gardens this year.
    Lawn full of daisies? I love it! This time of year, the lawns are full of violets, too. Swathes of blue and white mixed in with the gorgeous, lush, soft green grass. I have to literally ducktape (omgoodness, how do you spell ducktape?), anyway, ducktape my husband down because he's so excited to get the riding mower out. Why can't he wait? Sorrier still, is, the man who lived in this house before us, who was an absolute curmudgeon (tried to shoot the neighbors - did if they were deer at his apple trees - not that he cared about the apple trees - that was the point). Anyhoo, he didn't leave a single flower. Usually, old farmhouses have ancient peonies, lily of the valley, violets, irises, flowering bushes, etc. Well, maybe, there was nothing to save - Norwegian, bachelor dairy farmers lived here before him. (I'm not using their old, chicken coop sauna - yeeeeeech!) I shouldn't be complaining, though. We have a glorious row of old lilacs right out our front door. Hmmm! Sorry for the rant. It just came flying out of me. You know, I wonder if my neighbors would mind me lying down in their lawn to take a few pictures of their violets??? Is that too strange for words?

I hope that you have a super adventure, today, Steve. I'm playing hooky from church and am heading north, too, because Tom and the two eldest have been gone for the weekend.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    I wonder if my neighbors would mind me lying down in their lawn to take a few pictures of their violets??? Is that too strange for words?
    I suspect they might be very delighted.

I'm playing hooky from church and am heading north
    Does that not bring forth fire, flood and pestilence?

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Does that not bring forth fire, flood and pestilence?
    I am quite honestly worried about that. I should have, also, mentioned that my youngest son, Toby, and I have been having the most wonderful time, the last couple of days. Today, we're headed to Queechee Gorge and the Vermont Institute of Natural Science. They have a raptor center there where they save wounded birds. You can watch one of them live, here.