Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Any Ideas?

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Any Ideas?

I took a bunch of pics today of some of the beautiful pink roses that are overgrown outside the Haunted House we are temporarily living in in VA Beach. The roses are beautiful, but there are so many of them I couldn't seem to zone in on a focal point.

This one turned out okay... I think. I was working on it in PS and messing around with cropping and other processing for the better part of the afternoon but can't decide if I should just delete it(them) or is there anything here to work with?

dsc_0026crop.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Bill S

Re: Any Ideas?

Mary,

What jumps out at me as soon as I look at this photo is the convergence between the main front rose and the out of focus one(s) in the background. Because they're so close in color, they end up merging into one single blob of pink. If you could get one foreground rose in focus with several others in the sea of green in the background, that would be a very nice photo. But you need to have that green separating each rose. At least in my opinion.

- Bill

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by ktuli View Post
    Mary,

What jumps out at my as soon as I look at this photo is the convergence between the main front rose and the out of focus one(s) in the background. Because they're so close in color, they end up merging into one single blob of pink. If you could get one foreground rose in focus with several others in the sea of green in the background, that would be a very nice photo. But you need to have that green separating each rose.

- Bill
    Thank you, Bill. I'll take some clippers out and remove some and try and get a better composition.

Real Name
    Bill S

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelucydog View Post
    Thank you, Bill. I'll take some clippers out and remove some and try and get a better composition.
    See - double bonus. You get a better composition and a vase full of flowers for the house.

Have to appease the ghost of that old lady that is haunting that house you're in...

- Bill

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by ktuli View Post
    See - double bonus. You get a better composition and a vase full of flowers for the house.

Have to appease the ghost of that old lady that is haunting that house you're in...

- Bill
    Yes, a double bonus. I don't think I could spend the night here by myself... I'm a baby... and in the dark it creeps me out. The doors slam if there's a breeze, I couldn't open the bathroom door to get out one morning...there's servan't quarters and stairs... I'm a baby.

Real Name
    John

Mary,

Very nice, nicely isolated.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Mary,

Very nice, nicely isolated.

Thank you, John.