Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: laser triggered photography

Real Name
    Rod

laser triggered photography

Has anyone set up water drop photography with a laser sensor to trigger the camera? I've watched some youtube videos of the setup but wondering how easy it is to make the setup myself or if there's anywhere I can buy one premade; baring in mind, I have no experience in electronics.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: laser triggered photography

Quote Originally Posted by mrrod View Post
    Has anyone set up water drop photography with a laser sensor to trigger the camera? I've watched some youtube videos of the setup but wondering how easy it is to make the setup myself or if there's anywhere I can buy one premade; baring in mind, I have no experience in electronics.
    Not sure Rod - something that did get me thinking though - I'm wondering how cool a shot of a droplet with a laser shining through it would look?

Real Name
    Steaphany

If you are not an electronics engineer, then it can be frustrating to design and build a good triggered photography camera controller. Depending on the speed of the event, you need to take into consideration the delay and latencies of the electronics, sensors, strobe, and camera. In many cases, the scene is kept in darkness, the shutter is open and the only limitation of exposure is the duration of the strobe.

I recommend that you take a look at the products available from Cognisys

A point to remember that a laser trigger is usually selected for a wavelength of light that the camera will not detect, so that the event being photographed does not have any distractions from the trigger itself.

Real Name
    Rod

Cheers for the reply Steaphany, I'll take a look at that link. Thanks Colin, you now have me thinking of that idea of yours!