Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 1 O'Clock

  1. #1

    1 O'Clock

    It is not often when building an image that I see the images standing up in there own right at each different stage. I have saved at 3 stages in this build since I thought they could possibly work on their own.

    1 O'Clock

    1 O'Clock

    1 O'Clock

  2. #2
    Topchi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gangtok
    Posts
    51
    Real Name
    Ravjeet

    Re: 1 O'Clock

    gr8 work... wow
    nice use mixing

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South Devon, UK
    Posts
    12,015

    Re: 1 O'Clock

    Now that does work, Steve. For me, the pure B&W works best.

    Just one thing that I'm not sure about. Would the first two images appear better if they were cropped so that the bottom of the dandilion stem was on the bottom photo edge, like the third photo, instead of 'floating' in mid air? I'm not really sure.

  4. #4
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: 1 O'Clock

    Since you are already introducing external elements on the shot, I would recommend that you use the lone daffodil seed and make it as a brush in photoshop. Then, use that brush to clone some extra daffodil seeds in different angle, location, and size to really give that blowing effect. I would also introduce some motion blur on the brushed daffodils for dramatic effect. You are really more creative in a studio setup, Steve. Good work!

  5. #5

    Re: 1 O'Clock

    gr8 work... wow
    nice use mixing
    Ravjeet, I saw your comment in my album. I will respond by PM. Glad you like my stuff


    Now that does work, Steve. For me, the pure B&W works best.

    Just one thing that I'm not sure about. Would the first two images appear better if they were cropped so that the bottom of the dandilion stem was on the bottom photo edge, like the third photo, instead of 'floating' in mid air? I'm not really sure.
    Thanks Geoff, I was a bit more confident in what I was doing this time around. The stem problem is my use of borders. I see your point with this. I may need to put a very thin inner border in.

    Since you are already introducing external elements on the shot, I would recommend that you use the lone daffodil seed and make it as a brush in photoshop. Then, use that brush to clone some extra daffodil seeds in different angle, location, and size to really give that blowing effect. I would also introduce some motion blur on the brushed daffodils for dramatic effect. You are really more creative in a studio setup, Steve. Good work!
    Thanks Jiro, I did actually take some shots with more seeds in the air. I used burst mode on the 40D so I had a multitude of different captures. The single seed actually appealed to me more but I think I will have a go at what you suggest. As to being more creative in a studio set up I agree wholeheartedly. I usually have my concepts formulated in advance so I find I have far more control when I can put things together myself. These were shot outside but the same priciple applies. the environment for shooting was very controlled.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,090
    Real Name
    Wendy

    Re: 1 O'Clock

    , Nice. I prefer either of the B&W #2 best though. I like Jiro's idea of painting in more seeds, however, I kind of like it with just one, because in reality it would be really hard to blow out just one of the seeds.

    Wendy

  7. #7

    Re: 1 O'Clock

    because in reality it would be really hard to blow out just one of the seeds.
    Hmmm reality has never been one of my strong points Thanks Wendy, Number 2 would have been the stopping point but I though the smoke on its own looked a little too contrived.

  8. #8
    jeeperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Seattle Washington
    Posts
    3,550
    Real Name
    Paul

    Re: 1 O'Clock

    Great work Steve, the smoke on its own was a bit much but I think only because the stream is so wide right at the lips. Had the smoke been to the inside diameter of the lips and not the out.....but then spread somewhere before the flower it might have worked. I wish my melon could think more this way, well done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •