Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Error writing metadata to file in Adobe Bridge

Real Name
    Hans

Error writing metadata to file in Adobe Bridge

When adding or changing keywords in Adobe Bridge 4.0.4.2 using the keyword panel I frequently receive the following message: "Error writing metadata to <File>". Sometimes it helps stopping Bridge and opening it again. It is very annoying especially if I want to add keywords to a lot of files. Has anyone ever experienced this and is there a way to avoid this?

Thank you.

Hans

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Error writing metadata to file in Adobe Bridge

Hi Hans,

Not something I've come across personally. If you repeat the operation of the same files, does it stop at the same file again?

Could some of the files be marked read-only? Have you tried flushing the cache?

Real Name
    Hans

Hi Colin,

Yes I already tried to purge (flush?) the cache, using Tools - Cache - Purge Cache for Folder* (*Name of the folder). Within a selection of different files some work fine, but others are not and the same files keep coming back. After closing Bridge a couple of times, or rebooting, it is OK.

Regards,

Hans

Real Name
    Mark

Hans,

I've found that Bridge 4.0.4.2 is very unreliable in saving additions to metadata, especially keywords. I didn't get errors but the keywords would just disappear or not save. So much so I resorted to using PSE7 to do this.

Cheers.

Real Name
    Hans

After a Google search I have come to the conclusion that there is no real solution for this issue. Many other users are dealing with it as well. So it does not seems to be a typical malfunctioning of my system. Because in the end - after several attempts - I always realize adding my keywords to the metadata of particular "capricious" files I am not going to insist for further feed back regarding this matter. Thanks to all those who took the time reading my thread.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Hi Hans,

It's certainly frustrating.

For what it's worth, I have found Bridge to have a few "personality disorders" over the past 3 or so versions -- I seem to be able to trip it up from time to time. Quite surprising actually, as Photoshop is an incredibly complex piece of software and for the most part it's extremely stable.

Real Name
    Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Hi Hans,

For what it's worth, I have found Bridge to have a few "personality disorders"
    Hi Colin,

Your answer brings a big smile to my face. I love Bridge too much to get "angry" with it. As a matter of fact I would not want to miss it. So I tolerate the spare moments of frustration ... !

Cheers,

Hans
    Last edited by Hansiboy; 9th May 2011 at 02:29 PM.