Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Attempt at Child Portraits

Real Name
    Satyendra Paul

Attempt at Child Portraits

Hi! I am just trying to learn the ropes of portraits and photoshop. Here are some shots for the forum's appraisal.

Cheers !!!

rob marshall

Re: Attempt at Child Portraits

Hi (is it Paul?)

I never really thought about this before, but I guess one of the good things about shots of young kids and animals is that they are not totally aware of the photographic process, and that enables you to capture a more natural image. Your shot #1 certainly falls into that category, and I think it looks very natural - good light, and excellent eye contact. I also like #3, but the blue background object by her face is rather distracting. Good shot of the girl though. I'd try some more if I were you, as I'm sure you will get some very good results.

Real Name
    Satyendra Paul

Hi Rob,

Yes, pls call me Paul.

Thanks for your appraisal. I wonder why i did not see that blue distraction. Guess i was too busy gloating over the child's face.
    Do tell what u really think about No. 2 also, if you please.
    These shots were taken in a busy marketplace and not much could be planned. Also, the kids, as you know, cant stay still for long and the expressions, though spontaneous, are fleeting.
    Hope to do better in future.
    Thanks again.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by drsatyendrapaul View Post
    Hi Rob,

Yes, pls call me Paul.

Thanks for your appraisal. I wonder why i did not see that blue distraction. Guess i was too busy gloating over the child's face.
    Do tell what u really think about No. 2 also, if you please.
    These shots were taken in a busy marketplace and not much could be planned. Also, the kids, as you know, cant stay still for long and the expressions, though spontaneous, are fleeting.
    Hope to do better in future.
    Thanks again.
    Paul

If you edit your profile (FORUM ACTIONS/EDIT PROFILE) and enter 'Paul' in the field called 'real name' it will eppear on all your posts.

I like shot#2, but it looks a little underexposed on my monitor. Also, the hair ringlets on the left of the shot seem a little distracting. It's a nice facial shot though.

Real Name
    Satyendra Paul

Thanks Rob for both, the critique and the way to post my name.