Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Koački rit

Real Name
    Silvija

Koački rit

Kopački rit Nature Park is situated in the northeastern part of the Republic of Croatia,it is a floodplain that developed due to the activities of two large rivers, the Danube and the Drava. It is one of the largest alluvial plains in Europe that extends to the north all the way to Szekszard in the Republic of Hungary.

All coments and suggestions are welcomed. Thank you for viewing my pictures:-)

1. Koački rit

2. Koački rit

3. Koački rit

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Koački rit

I like #2 and #3. I would still recommend though that the horizon be either at the 1/3 lower or 1/3 upper for balance in composition.

Real Name
    Bill S

Silvija,

I like #2 the best, but I would eliminate those branches hanging into the scene. They aren't large enough to act as an anchor of any sort, and so just seem to be distracting. But the reflection is stellar!

- Bill

Hi,
    I like first.So I cropped it and emphasized the colours a few.
    Koački rit(worked for You w.PSE 15min)

Because today I had time I rotated the the second 180 then on a blank file I linked the tree parts of your shot(the nr2 was flipped horizontally)I leaved on the right side several branches uncovered as a prove
    Koački rit(worked for You w.PSE 35min)

Real Name
    Silvija

Hello Bill!
    Thank you for your comments...I am going to eleminite those branches as soon as have more free time and watch tutorials how to do that:-))
    Cheers:-)

Real Name
    Silvija

Quote Originally Posted by Radu Dinu Cordeanu View Post
    Hi,
    I like first.So I cropped it and emphasized the colours a few.
    Koački rit(worked for You w.PSE 15min)
    Thank you for your PP work on my picture...Like it! I'm always to afraid to emphasize something a little bit more, because of th colours which are not so natural...But I like this what you had done with my pic.
    Thank you.

Real Name
    Silvija

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    I like #2 and #3. I would still recommend though that the horizon be either at the 1/3 lower or 1/3 upper for balance in composition.
    Hello Willie:-)))
    Thanks for your comments...I will do something about that. Thanks:-)

Real Name
    Silvija

HELP!
    I started to eliminate the branches from my photo and it doesn't look good...I don't know how to fix it? I can't get rid off those smudges in the sky...I was using Vanishing point and a clone stamp, and I thought if I use the Gradient tool that the smudges will go away:-)) But they didn't...It's a mess:-))
    I had watched tutorials, but I don't have the same effect as they did...I suppose that's practice,but...I don't know what to do anymore:-(

Koački rit

Silvija, I do like the last one but in my opinion it needs the near foreground cropping away. This will also put the horizon in the lower third. I am not keen on curved horizons and whilst a product of the lens, given the subject matter it probably could be straightened successfully in PP.

Hope you do not mind but I had a quick play....

Koački rit

As for the branch removal in your last image you need to use a soft edged brush set at 50% opacity. Select the clone area from different points in the locality of the clouds and sky and build up slowly. I sometimes find the galaxy or sponge brushes sometimes give good results but always build up slowly and avoid repetitive patterns in the cloned area. Lay the cloned pixels on randomly and sample from slightly different points every few dabs.

Real Name
    Jonathan

Zdravo,
    I liked the #3 most. I enjoy the feeling of being guided somewhere.
    The #2 is very nice, and I like the branches, I feel it as giving something else to the image instead of distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by arlena87 View Post
    HELP!
    I started to eliminate the branches from my photo and it doesn't look good...I don't know how to fix it? I can't get rid off those smudges in the sky...I was using Vanishing point and a clone stamp, and I thought if I use the Gradient tool that the smudges will go away:-)) But they didn't...It's a mess:-))
    I had watched tutorials, but I don't have the same effect as they did...I suppose that's practice,but...I don't know what to do anymore:-(

Koački rit

Quote Originally Posted by arlena87 View Post
    HELP!

Koački rit
    Koački ritdon't upset neighbour!
    Last edited by Radu Dinu Cordeanu; 21st April 2011 at 09:10 AM.

Real Name
    Silvija

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Silvija, I do like the last one but in my opinion it needs the near foreground cropping away. This will also put the horizon in the lower third. I am not keen on curved horizons and whilst a product of the lens, given the subject matter it probably could be straightened successfully in PP.

Hope you do not mind but I had a quick play....
    Hello:-))
    I really do not mind when someone visual shows me what to do and what I did wrong...It's very helpful because I had just started to use a camera(comapct) and to use PP...So:-) Thank you for your nice comments and for this picture.

Koački rit

As for the branch removal in your last image you need to use a soft edged brush set at 50% opacity. Select the clone area from different points in the locality of the clouds and sky and build up slowly. I sometimes find the galaxy or sponge brushes sometimes give good results but always build up slowly and avoid repetitive patterns in the cloned area. Lay the cloned pixels on randomly and sample from slightly different points every few dabs.

Real Name
    Silvija

Quote Originally Posted by Radu Dinu Cordeanu View Post
    Koački ritdon't upset neighbour!
    Hi:-)
    The stain? Well, from the clone stamp...I tried to erase my branches,but...not in a good way:-) And then,when I wanted to fix it - I thought if I somehow enhance the sky (using the gradient tool) - it will go away, but it didn't:-)) So...but, I have my original photo,so...THe branches are OK for now until I erase them successfuly:-)

Hi neighbour,
    First of all don't be nervously,second don't be upset.I don't know why you used gradient.
    There is in PSE "enhance":"adjust lighting":"shadows/highlights".When you will open that you will see that "lighten shadows" arrow is going to 25%.I adjusted "darken highlights" at two different values to show you what is happening.
    Koački rit
    Happy Easter