Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: C&C might help me here

Real Name
    Paul

C&C might help me here

When I took this shot I was on a roof of a house and level the tops of the trees and it was a very hazy day shooting nearly into the sun. I figured it was to be a throw away shot but wanted to have a go. I nearly deleted it, but find myself drawn in by something and can not figure out what it is. Is it just me being sentimental for some reason or........????

C&C might help me here

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: C&C might help me here

If there were some foreground included, this would have been a winning shot, Paul! What makes the illusion incomplete was the high POV. If this was shot using a wider lens (say 24 or 35mm) that would have included some ground to position the trees properly. For me, what makes this shot very interesting are the subtle tones on the mountains. Maybe you can take a re-shot and recompose again.

Hi,
    I like this shot.Below You might see two variant.(I like somewhat black&white)
    C&C might help me here

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

I don't have any c&c but it brings back memories... Thanks for sharing. What mountain is it?

Eastern Shore of the Chesapeak Bay, Maryland, USA
    Real Name
    Charley Simpson

Neat shot. However(don't you hate that?) IMO if you can beef up the mts. with contrast or something it would be better. My eyes were drawn to the mt. and the trees served as a frame. The squirrel nest on the left is cute.

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    If there were some foreground included, this would have been a winning shot, Paul! What makes the illusion incomplete was the high POV. If this was shot using a wider lens (say 24 or 35mm) that would have included some ground to position the trees properly. For me, what makes this shot very interesting are the subtle tones on the mountains. Maybe you can take a re-shot and recompose again.
    How would you like this

C&C might help me here

Real Name
    Paul

Thanks everyone. Jiro, that was my main issue with it as well but still felt drawn in....hence my unwillingness to toss it.

Radu Dinu, thank you. The B&W is a nice veriation.

Mary, it is a not so photographed view of Mt. Ranier. =}

Charely, Yes! I do hate that. Unfortunately no matter how much I like it, I think there is nothing I can do to make it a winner. It will just stay a nice memory and serve as inspiration of another shot. Though likely a different location as the houses below the trees would not allow a proper composition.

Real Name
    Paul

Nice work Ashwin, I do like that.

Real Name

I thought so! I climbed Mt. Rainier about 11 years ago. It was at a time when I had to prove to myself that I could do it despite some other difficulties. Once was enough. It iq so beautiful. Thanks for bringing the memory to mind. I so miss seeing those beautiful majestic mountains every day.

Real Name
    Paul

That is quite a climb from what I hear. I climb portions of it....but in my jeep. Anyway....glad it brought some good memories and I will be shooting plenty more that you may recognize if & when the weather clears a bit. Can you believe we had 3 days last week that it snowed. We have yet to break 60 degrees and it has been hovering around a rainy 52 on the warm days. Odd year everywhere I guess.

Real Name

I look forward to seeing what you shoot. Jeep... That's the way to do it. I talk to my mom every day and she is so tired of the weather this year. You guys have sure been outside the norm there. I hope it clears for you soon and warms up some.

Real Name
    Paul

You watch, it will be like a light switch. It will be rainy and 50 and one day we will wake up to 75 and no clouds. Then everyone will be complaining we are not used to the heat because we skipped the 60's. No one should ever have to skip the 60's...er....yeah I know a few stuck in the 60's....not good either.

Real Name

That is exactly what it will be. Nope, it's not good to be stuck in the 60's.