Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Help with editing RAW photos in Photoshop CS3?

Real Name
    Tyler Berge

Help with editing RAW photos in Photoshop CS3?

Hello all,
    I have a little problem that I have no idea how to fix. I plug in my camera which is a Canon EOS Rebel xs and I plug it in to the computer with a USB cord. I try to import three pictures that I am making into a HDR but it won't import. In the file name when about to open the image it says weird numbers. Then it won't even import. Any Ideas, I can explain more if I need too.
    Thanks

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Help with editing RAW photos in Photoshop CS3?

Quote Originally Posted by Canonman13 View Post
    Hello all,
    I have a little problem that I have no idea how to fix. I plug in my camera which is a Canon EOS Rebel xs and I plug it in to the computer with a USB cord. I try to import three pictures that I am making into a HDR but it won't import. In the file name when about to open the image it says weird numbers. Then it won't even import. Any Ideas, I can explain more if I need too.
    Thanks
    Hi <insert_real_first_name_here!>,

If you're aiming for an HDR composite then you're probably (and should be) shooting RAW - and most operating systems won't recognise a RAW file.

There are a few work-arounds, but usually by far the easiest way to get around these types of issues is to simply buy a USB card reader - pop the card from the camera into the reader - and then just drag and drop the files from the card onto your PC.

Hope this helps!

Real Name
    Tyler Berge

Re: Help with editing RAW photos in Photoshop CS3?

I actually found a way to do it, but thanks anyways. I guess it was just a adobe plugin.